To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Facebook Addiction

edited March 2007 in General
I need to quit.

How?

It's just as bad as my checking-email-behavior.

I check my email like every 5 minutes when I'm online and have this urge to check it again right after class during breaks.

It's usually something like:

Email-Facebook-Schoolwebsitew/PersonalAccount-SchoolEmail-Email-Facebook-....etc....

not including TS

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I feel ya!!!!!!!

I got my friend to change my password... It's been 3 weeks without it! and it feels GREAAAAAAAAAT......

The first couple of days it was killing me but I realized how busy I am or should be...

Gosh, it screwed me over for the fall semester........

I'd do "homework" in front of my computer. I would never really start anything until 2 a.m.
    The whole time I would be facebooking.

T.T So addicting.

Or at least it use to be!
  • edited February 2007
    im the same way, facebook like every 5 or so minutes, man, its crzy, haha if we all had each other on facebook then we could all just laugh at each other (i mean not in a mean way but like 'heyy you're on and im on' you know?) anyways if you dont im just trying to make a stupid joke, im addicted, and its not fair!!!
  • edited February 2007
    i don't go on facebook very much. i dont know, i was addicted and then all of a sudden i just stopped going on it as much..

haha i think Tinana's plan is the best. my friend had her friend change her password so she wouldn't get to go on...i think that's pretty effective
  • Pro
    edited February 2007
    i thought if you don't access your email for like 2 weeks it cancels your account?
  • edited February 2007
    Wow, I don't understand how you guys are getting addicted to Facebook? I check it every few days or so just to see what's up, but I can't find a way to spend more than five minutes on there each time!

What exactly is it that you do that takes up so much time?

Hotmail cancels your account after 40 days.

A better idea is to get Gmail and then download Thunderbird. You can also get Thunderbird to check your school email too. It's nice to be alerted as soon as you have an email!
  • edited February 2007
    +1 vote for thunderbird! very good proggie, i just leave in the background and it autochecks all my emails lol

and facebook is definately addicting :(
    but its fun tho /shrug

/poke
  • edited February 2007
    god dam facebook is very addicting

/poke back
  • edited February 2007
    For me, Facebook only becomes addictive when schoolwork starts to pick up. How convenient! During winter break I went on only once a day (like zomg I know)
  • edited February 2007
    imelting said:
    +1 vote for thunderbird! very good proggie, i just leave in the background and it autochecks all my emails lol

and facebook is definately addicting :(
    but its fun tho /shrug

/poke
    another vote for thunderbird. it's an awesome program -- and nice selection of skins too.
  • edited February 2007
    im addicted to facebook too -_-
  • edited February 2007
    it's not hard to quit.

when you don't have friends like me.

find me.EDD FUNG
  • edited March 2007
    i hate facebook.
    but i use it.. sigh.
    i like the poking feature.. lol =/
  • edited March 2007
    OMG i just got a facebook account last nite and i have spent countless hours on it...its such an addiction right now!
  • edited March 2007
    That wasn't smart, I hope you find time to study for exams

When I first got facebook I was on there alll the time just finding random people and tagging their walls like a madman. Fun stuff but realllly distracting. Join the group " Fuck you facebook, I'm trying to do my homework" its growing pretty huge so I guess a lot of people are in the same boat lol
  • edited March 2007
    Not smart at all since im writing a paper right now and i am sooo distracted by it. Oh well, i like it! Its kinda fun!

Leave a Comment