To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Pet Peeves

edited February 2007 in General
Why the hell do some shushi restaurants NOT have forks!!? For god's sake, its not my fault that Im genetically predisposed to not being able to use chop sticks...i mean, ive been trying to learn since I've been 12 but to no avail :(...sigh, tear...and EVERYONE has tried to teach me including my friends but I just can't get them to work like that so gimme a godam fork for cryin out loud! :angry:

Comments

• edited February 2007
    speaking of chopsticks
    it always bugs me to see asian ppl 'not' know how to use chopsticks properly (my mom and sister come to mind haha)
  • edited February 2007
    LOL I know what you mean... my pet peeve is that internet doesn't work in the science lecture halls. how lame
  • edited February 2007
    Law Student said:
    LOL I know what you mean... my pet peeve is that internet doesn't work in the science lecture halls. how lame
    What about when the internet doesn't work in the designated Laptop/Internet (BYOL) area near Images Theatre?
  • edited February 2007
    I think the only reliable place on campus when it comes to wireless internet is the business faculty
  • edited February 2007
    hmm.. pet peeves.. oh here's one... i hate it when i walk into a store and the girls there will tailgate you where ever you go... i would appreciate it if i could have some personal space to look at what i want to look.. sales like these just drive me right out of the store..
  • edited February 2007
    Pushy sales people make me laugh. When it's a retail store and the person is about the same age as me, I sort of feel bad for them cuz I know they're probably students or have other things going in their lives and are acting the way their manager wants to keep the job.

The ones that really amuse me are the middle-aged men that sell furniture. Seriously, if you ever want to see bad sales go walk around United Furniture Warehouse or something similar. It's HILARIOUS. We were actually leading them in circles. See what happens when one trails you into the other one's "zone". They are like wolves...!
  • edited February 2007
    You know what pisses me off? People who don't look me in the eyes the first time I meet them. I think that's very rude and they're probably hiding something.
  • edited February 2007
    Don't feel too bad Helen, I can't use chopsticks either.

My pet peeve is people who blame others for their mistakes and can't take any responsibility. Not cool.
  • edited February 2007
    People who stand around in the hallways (especially outside C9001) and block the whole hallway off from people who are trying to walk through. Maybe we need to put lanes in (not that anyone would pay attention to them)...its a pretty simple concept, don't stand in the middle of the hall, move to the edges!

:smile: sorry about that, but its my biggest pet peeve
  • Pro
    edited February 2007
    MaNiCkGeEk said:
    People who stand around in the hallways (especially outside C9001) and block the whole hallway off from people who are trying to walk through. Maybe we need to put lanes in (not that anyone would pay attention to them)...its a pretty simple concept, don't stand in the middle of the hall, move to the edges!

:smile: sorry about that, but its my biggest pet peeve

YESSSSS or they stand in the corner blocking the traffing that is coming up the stairs/hallway from the images side!!
  • edited February 2007
    how about not having a spring break/ reading break!!
  • edited February 2007
    Buying sumthing to eat at SFU ! ! ! ! there are just soo limited options when one's hungry... add to that those shythead mackenzie workers and the white spot crew, those are like the rudest people i hv ever seen..
  • edited February 2007
    u kno wat my pet peeve is?

when im workin and ppl ask me, "oh, do u work here?"

noo idiot, i AM only holding a key for opening change rooms

Leave a Comment