To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

sending a message using bluetooth?

edited March 2007 in General
I heard that one can send a message using Bluetooth, but does anyone know how?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    im what context and with what tools? a cell phone?
    most cellys only hav object push/receive, and link with handsfree device, or link with a computer/laptop
  • edited February 2007
    bluetooth = overated
  • edited February 2007
    Do I smell a cheating scam brewing :P
  • edited February 2007
    Why would you want to send a message (I'm assuming you mean a text message), through bluetooth anyway? The range is 30 feet, so if you're going to go through the trouble of sending a message to somebody 10 meters away, you might as well walk up to them and tell them what you want to say.

You can, however, send pictures and videos, as well as mp3s over bluetooth, but that's all dependent on several factors:

The carrier you're with, because Telus and Bell lock their bluetooth, so that it can only be used to send contact info, and for use with a bluetooth headset.

Secondly, the image/video/mp3 cannot be copyright protected, because those are locked as well, and cannot be sent.
  • edited February 2007
    why the ef does telus lock their bluetooth?? anyway of unlocking it?
  • edited February 2007
    Why would you want to send a message (I'm assuming you mean a text message), through bluetooth anyway? The range is 30 feet, so if you're going to go through the trouble of sending a message to somebody 10 meters away, you might as well walk up to them and tell them what you want to say.
    the reason why someone would want to send a message using bluetooth is cuz it's not ALWAYS that someone can actually walk over to that person and talk to him/her...for example, in a class, when you're bored to death and you know there is someone in that lecture hall (but s/he is sitting far away, so you cant yell in order to talk to him/her), you can just text message him/her without paying any $$.
  • edited February 2007
    Hmm...good point. I make it a point not to keep my bluetooth on, because anybody can send you stuff, even if they don't have your number, since they can just "sweep" the area for bluetooth users. Perfect for stalkers and stuff. You'd be surprised what people ignorantly accept when they get an incoming bluetooth transfer.

Anyhow, I don't know if it's possible to send SMS messages, but you can write a note, if your phone has a note feature, and bluetooth that, or, if you don't even have that feature, you can always write a note out on your paper, take a picture of it, and send that >_<
  • edited February 2007
    dont your cells have PASSKEYS for your bluetooth?

like a certain code both cell users need to input?
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, but I haven't seen too many people using that feature. Most just leave it off cause they don't know what it is. Or, they just leave it as the default pass, which is four zeroes.
  • edited March 2007
    so how do i send txt via bluetooth , cause my EF71 doesnt seem to be able to do it, nor have i heard anyone talk about it.

Leave a Comment