To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

NEW Canadian Food Guide

edited March 2007 in General
They've just released the new Canadian Food Guide. It's pretty neat! There are more choices for people who are vegetarian, or who eat ethnic foods.

One fancy thing is you can now design your own food guide which you can print out and put on the fridge or something to make sure you are getting the right number of servings.

Definitely a step in the right direction to informing people about healthy eating.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    So confusing! =.= But yeah they added a lot of new stuff they didn't have in the old one.
  • edited March 2007
    found oout there was a new health guide by taking human nutritions atm.. god i hate that course.
  • edited March 2007
    haha You're probably in my class. Kin 100 with Penny Deck?
  • edited March 2007
    Soooo.. that's what healthy eating is like. :P

I think I eat like two servings of fruit a day, and like one serving of meats, and usually, my only serving of "dairy" is the the cream in my coffee or the little piece of cheese in my sandwich...

=/ Plus, I never exercise.............

Aiya, I am very unhealthy.
  • edited March 2007
    Remember that a serving of fruit is often less than you think! And there are some easy ways suggested on there to add more fruits and veggies to your diet. Also the HCCC is having Nutrition Month this month with free cooking workshops and a special promotion to help people eat more fruits and veggies:

“AIM for 8” – Fruit and Veggie Tracker
    Canada’s Food Guide recommends 7-8 servings of fruits & vegetables a day for adult women and 8-10 servings/day for adult men. To give you a jump start….the Health and Counseling Centre will be offering free fruit for the month of March. Pick up one of our “Aim for 8” cards to track your fruit and veggie intake and drop it off at the HCC to win a PRIZE! Cards will be given out at various Nutrition Month events or can be picked up at the HCC.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm taking KIN 110 with Penny. I did my diet analysis and I am SOO over-consuming =( That course makes me so depressed...
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one. It's made me slightly paranoid about food... On one hand it's good to know, but I guess ignorance is bliss!

Leave a Comment