To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

SFU Photo Scavenger Hunt

edited February 2007 in General
Okay, I wanted to try something that came to me while I was at school snapping some pictures on my phone. I don't know if this will fly, but I guess we could give it a try anyway.

So, the idea is, and I'll go first, I take a picture somewhere on SFU campus, and the object of the game is to find where I took the picture, and try and take an identical picture (or at least one that is from the same perspective. Try to recreate it as closely as possible). And then, whoever accomplishes that, gets to present the next picture, and so forth. It'll be slow-moving, probably, but in my crazy mind, I thought it would be fun.

So here's the first picture:

image1.jpg

If anybody needs help hosting pictures, or any other files, let me know, I have plenty of space on my webserver.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Ooo fun! I'm up at school tomorrow, so I'll try to remember this. :wink:
  • edited February 2007
    It would be more challenging if we're in UBC. lol.
  • edited February 2007
    image2.jpg

any close ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Mengs totally got it! Post another for us to find!
  • edited February 2007
    Since Mengs hasn't posted one yet, I'll post a new one first. You're still up for the next picture, Mengs. Post whenever you can.

image2.jpg

This one's too easy.
  • edited February 2007
    u must b at school at nights eh, its hard to get these photos w/o ppl in it lol
  • edited February 2007
    imelting said:
    u must b at school at nights eh, its hard to get these photos w/o ppl in it lol
    or you just yell at them like they're idiots to stay the fcuk outta your picture
  • edited February 2007
    That pic was actually taken during the day, around 3:00pm. Easy to do when classes are in, but it's all about the timing as well =P
  • edited February 2007
    One of my friends has a photo project called The Last Man on Earth. He takes pictures of really busy spots of the city, but with no people in them. I think it's a neat idea!
  • edited February 2007
    sorry guys... I haven't really had time to post up the new pic yet... but it's coming in about... say... 30min? =)
  • edited February 2007
    sfu.jpg

a little harder... but shouldn't be that hard :D

Enjoy...
  • edited February 2007
    this will have to wait till monday :p unless someone lives on res (or goes up to study :p) and can reproduce this haha
  • Pro
    edited February 2007
    haaha i love this thread!

MBC!
  • edited February 2007
    yeah MB... I give you props =) this turns out to be quite the fun thing to do =)
  • edited February 2007
    image3.jpg

That's the closest I can do.

Here's a new one:

image4.jpg
  • edited February 2007
    This is a very cute thread.
  • edited February 2007
    4 days and still no reply....come on people, fire up those cameras!
  • edited February 2007
    I walked right by it on Thursday but I was thinking about my midterm and not about pictures... booo...

Next week for sure!
  • edited February 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    I walked right by it on Thursday but I was thinking about my midterm and not about pictures... booo...

Next week for sure!
    I'm holding you to that! =P
  • edited February 2007
    For the record, I DID take the picture today... but I'm frigging exhausted and hating the world right now, so I'll post it tomorrow.
  • edited February 2007
    yeah i always see stuf i think would be a great pic for this post, but i either forget to bring a cam, or im too busy heading to wherever im headed :x

Leave a Comment