To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Friends! No not the show

edited February 2007 in General
Hey just thought Id start a thread about friends... whats the meaning of one, what do they signify in your life, what kinda cool stuff you do with your friends, and overall...whats the difference between a good friend and best friend!

discuss

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I've been friends w/ my close friends for like 11 years or so. Now that we're older, some of them have moved to other cities to work but we still keep in touch. We usually just go out and eat when we have time.

I believe a good friend and a best friend share similar qualities but you probably spend more time w/ a best friend.
  • edited February 2007
    My best friend lives in Illinois. We try to see each other about once a year, but talk on ICQ pretty much every day. It's such a nice feeling to have someone who isn't family care about you and your wellbeing and make suggestions or give advice to help you out. I think a best friend gives unselfishly, and that's what really makes them outstanding! It is also key to have someone who can act logically when you are flying off the handle, or who comes to you for help with problems.

Most of my friends are male and I have problem connecting with girls since I rarely share their interests! I don't wear make up, I don't drink or smoke, and I definitely don't care about fashion, celebrities or shopping. My best female friend disappeared almost two years ago. I know she'll turn up eventually, but it haunts me not knowing where she is...

Most of my friends scattered in the past few years, so it's hard to keep in touch with everyone! But it's nice to know that there are some people you will always be able to connect with, even if you haven't talked in months.
  • edited February 2007
    I left all my closest friends in Ontario, and one of them moved back Finland. Sucks not really knowing people here, but it's cool to have friends all over the place. Hopefully I'll hit up ontario this summer, and maybe finland sometime later this year :D
  • edited February 2007
    Well... some things I like about my friends are that they are their for me when I need them, they help make me a better person (most of the time) and they are FUN to hang out with

Leave a Comment