To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Warning on WARMING

edited February 2007 in General
We all can't stop global warming in one day but small efforts made individually are going to put hold on it.
Its apperciating thing Scientist now warning the with consequence that we are goin to face by nature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Zk4-JPCdg&mode=related&search=
if the ice on greenland melts there will be 20 feet rice in sea level but if west
artic melt there will be 20 feet rise in sea level and the total rise is 40 feet.
Wow we have to live in water and ready to be an aquatic animal in couple of centuries and also having gills in the neck.
Then there will be one day when girls lay eggs WOW.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    The Canadian CO2 Capture and Storage Technology Network CCCSTN is the only way that will seems help ful for next canadian genration.
    By capturing the greenhouse gas (C02) and storing it underground,where it would be trapped naturally as tiny bubbles and safely stored in briny porous rock. This is only quiker way to recover from wut we did in past couple of decades.
  • edited February 2007
    Global warming keeps becoming a bigger and bigger problem because of all the pollution we're creating, I wish they would make some major changes soon... Sometimes when Im looking out over the city from the rooftop (on top of rotunda) I can see a thick haze of brownish/yellow settling around tthe buildings and it just makes me feel bad
  • edited February 2007
    we are the only cause for this crisis, well we have to take care of little little things
    # like use bikes or walk instead of driving
    # stop using platic bags
    # don't use the cars that are older than 1995
    # canada produce 4 metric tone of greenhouse gas into the air.
    If you have any ideas plz share with other.
  • edited February 2007
    Don't drive. There's an easy one. Take the bus, skytrain, bike, join a car co-op, car pool. There's plenty of alternatives if people would only look. There's no need to drive everywhere. Especially not in a city like Vancouver that has pretty good rapid transit.
  • edited February 2007
    Its so simple yet if more people took transit or car pooled, it could make a huge difference
  • edited February 2007
    meh, i dont lose sleep over it, not my fault.
  • edited February 2007
    meh, i dont lose sleep over it, not my fault.
    Well actually...yes, yes it is.
  • edited February 2007
    watch or dl.

an inconvenient truth

its a great documentary released last year i believe.
  • edited February 2007
    illicit said:
    watch or dl.

an inconvenient truth

its a great documentary released last year i believe.
    i was waiting for someone to mention this.. cheers to you illicit.. =) awesome documentary by Al Gore.. thanks to him that people are finally accepting to see the potential threats of global warming...
  • edited February 2007
    its a really gud movie
  • edited February 2007
    is it right that the global warming is due to cosmic rays effects and there is little
    change in it due to the greenhouse effects. This is really amazing thing then why the whole world says that it is due to the co2.
    WOw
    I m confused but whatever is the reason we have to face the consequences.\

Leave a Comment