To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Pacific LSAT?

edited September 2006 in General
Has anyone tried out this company? They are an lsat prep course but its way cheaper than kaplan...so conflicted help:confused:

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I haven't heard too much about this company but I would encourage you to study and do practice exams everyday to improve your score. These companies are a waste of money! Just study on your own.
  • edited September 2006
    i actually took the pacific lsat in july its a fairly new business.. i think our session was actually the first, but basically these courses give u a little motivation to study on ur own if u lack it.. the thing wit pacific lsat is that its only a weekend course so u basically get some tips and questions answered and get a really good introduction to what the LSAT is all about: ie what kind of questions they will ask.. hows the format..etc. they also call in a ubc advisor to talk about the requirements to get into ubc law (which u can also jus get off the ubc website).. so id recommend it for those of u who are just starting to study or who have studied and want to use it as a last minute thing to get all questions answered.. but what u learn is pretty much nothing that u cant learn out of a book. there are other courses u can take too, liek kaplan. the difference wit pacific and kaplan is that kaplan is over the course of 1 or 2 months and they assign homework so u have no choice but to study... so basically kaplans really good for those of u that need some discipline to get u studying, other than that its not really necessary. in the end what matters the most is doing tons and tons of practice exams over the course of at least a couple months.. by doing so u will figure out all ur weaknesses and u will have ample time to overcome them... hope that helps! if u got other questions ask away:tongue: (im writing my lsat on saturday.. wish me luck!)
  • edited September 2006
    I wrote it last time.

Don't waste your time with any company, buy the Powerlogic Books (Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bible), get ahold of as many old tests as you can, and practice practice practice.

Practice on old ones in REAL conditions is the only way to prepare successfully.

Smartso: good luck, and get ready for everything to come a LOT faster than you expected, ie 5 second breaks between sections.

Leave a Comment