To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Nice backpack

edited February 2007 in General
I have a bad back and apparently I have to stop using a shoulderbag for school because it makes it worse :( - Im doing honours right now so I have an awful lot of paper to carry around, and I haven't the time to devote hours to filing at home, so I have to take my subject files with me. Besides they're essay subjects, so I need my notes at hand! Does anyone know where I could get a *nice* backpack/rucksack that I can fit a couple of files in, and that preferably doesn't cost the earth? I hate having to carry files around, as we don't have lockers at school. All the backpacks I ever see are really ugly/mannish/crappy sports brands that I refuse to buy... :(

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Mountain Equipment Co-op
  • Pro
    edited February 2007
    what are you talk about.. there ARE lockers at school
  • edited February 2007
    Pro said:
    what are you talk about.. there ARE lockers at school
    Not anywhere close to my classes! I think I should visit staples or something
  • edited February 2007
    Staples really just has cheap little backpacks. If you want a good one with a waist strap, check out MEC or the stores near there.

You may also want to post a Wanted ad on Vancouver Freecycle. Basically people can recycle objects to people who can't afford them. I'm getting a new cat kennel through there, and I've also got rid of tons of stuff like an old tv, monitors and some lamps. The idea is to keep stuff out of landfills and to help people out! I would suggest not signing up to receive all the site emails as there are LOTS of them. Just post your ad and people will contact you directly.

Good luck!
  • edited February 2007
    Another boost for MEC. I've had a backpack from MEC for 6 years now. It looks and feels brand new. It's like I got it yesterday.

Leave a Comment