To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Hello all!

edited February 2007 in General
First, let me start off by saying that this site is a brilliant idea - kudos to everyone who's had a hand in making it what it is today.....Anyways, my name's Lisa and I'm a third year environmental geography student. And yes, that means that I can read a map, and no it doesn't mean that I make a point of hugging every single tree I walk past. Right now I'm having an amazing time away from school on a co-op work term. Can't say enough good stuff about it - it's just awesome! When I'm not wearing away the hours at school or work I can be found outside partaking in any number of outdoorsy things ie hiking or kayaking, or just hanging out with friends. Hmm, what else.....oh yeah, I'm a big fan of dinner, dancing and long walks on the beach! :smile:

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Hi Lisa and welcome!

It's nice to see some more 3rd year students around here since there are a lot of new SFUers, and it's great to get some advice from those more experienced!

Feel free to dive into some conversations around here. It's been a little quiet with everyone back in class... but I know there are lots of us lurking around and waiting for some conversation!
  • edited February 2007
    hiyo lisa, welcome welcome

'big fan of dinner'

haha me likes!
  • edited February 2007
    HIIIIII Asha im a little wired right now from the cafeteria coffee :D
  • edited February 2007
    hey lisa!!! welcome to the site!!!
  • w2k
    edited February 2007
    yay another geographer!!
    where is your coop term right now?
  • edited February 2007
    Yay geography! Right now I'm working at Science World - it's absolutely fantastic!! At this rate, they're gonna have to drag me back to school kicking and screaming.......where abouts are you working?
  • edited February 2007
    Ooo Science World! What fun. I love hanging out with kids all day. :smile:
  • edited February 2007
    It's way too much fun to feel like work! There's nothing better knowing you're responsible for that single "wow, I get it" moment after you explain a little piece of how the world around them works.
  • edited February 2007
    aww thats gotta b so chill at science world (or is it the telus world of science lol)

i still suck at those puzzles on the first level :(
  • w2k
    edited February 2007
    my friend worked at science world for coop before, he said it was a great/relaxing place!

Im more of a techy guy so my last 2 coop jobs have been more gis/map related. Right now im wrkin as a mapping assistant for agricultural land commission.

Yeah, after working for 8 months striaght, its hard to get back to school! Especially when you dont have to do any studying or hw.

Asha said:
    Yay geography! Right now I'm working at Science World - it's absolutely fantastic!! At this rate, they're gonna have to drag me back to school kicking and screaming.......where abouts are you working?

Leave a Comment