To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Got Any Pennies?

edited February 2007 in General
My Girl Guide troop is collecting pennies to donate to the Canadian World Friendship Fund. It helps people all over the world who want to join the organization to participate and it buys things like uniforms or sponsors trips. Definitely a good cause! Girl Guides is non-denominational and does not discriminate based on race, religion or ability. It's really a fantastic organization for young girls and gives a lot of kids the chance to go camping, volunteer and develop leadership skills, who may otherwise not get these opportunities.

Anyhoo, we are trying to collect a lot of pennies which we will roll up and then donate to the Fund. I know that lots of people have jars of pennies sitting around for years and never do anything with them... so send them my way! I will take other coins as well, but just pennies are fine.

I can arrange to meet you at school, somewhere else or come to your home to pick them up. Every penny counts! Send me a PM or post here and we can arrange something.

(Also, if any girls are looking to join Girl Guides as a leader, I can help you find a good spot! And I know people in Scouts too, if any guys are looking to join a great organization. :smile: )

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I got lots! I'll roll em up this weekend and give you a shout :)
  • edited February 2007
    Love the quote btw :D
  • edited February 2007
    You don't even have to roll them! I have 19 girls who are itching to roll 'em. Just chuck them in a bag or a jar!

Thaaanks! :teeth:

Leave a Comment