To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How do I kill time on a plane?

edited February 2007 in General
I'm going on holiday soon and just wanted to know how I can make the plane journey more bearable! I have never been able to sleep on planes! Oh, and inflight entertainment is almost always rubbish!

Thanks!!!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    bring somethin to read?
    some puzzle type things?
    music to listen to?

i always sleep mysself
  • edited January 2007
    take some sleeping pills,have a beer, BAM, you fall asleep easy
  • edited January 2007
    2 words, Soduku Book!
  • edited January 2007
    i usually bring a nice thick book to read or my ipod. man, i can't tell you how many times my ipod has saved me from insanity...
  • edited January 2007
    Yeahhh what everyone said, plus DS!!! Or PSP... if you're into that stuff.
  • edited January 2007
    magazines, ipod, book, and if you have one, a laptop to watch your own movies/tv shows or a portable DVD player
  • edited January 2007
    Where are you going to? I'm off to Thailand in April, which is a crazy-long flight too. So I will also glean some ideas from this thread. Good thinking!

Let's see... MP3 player, definitely. DS/PSP and lots of puzzle games or maybe a brand new one to entertain you. Portable DVD player or laptop. A REALLY good book. (In the past, I'd hold off on reading one I was really looking forward to so that it would be a treat to read on the plane). Knitting if you enjoy that. Bring some two-player games if you are going with a friend or family member or want to talk to the person next to you. :wink:

Also make sure you bring gum, an extra sweater, comfy socks and pants, a small pillow, gravol, earplugs and a bottle of water (do they let you bring water again?).

I found lots of good ideas on WikiHow if you want to read more!
  • edited January 2007
    i would say sleep or......hit up the bathroom :wink:
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    haha yes, join the mile high club!
  • edited January 2007
    How do you even DO that?! Don't they stop you from going in the bathroom together?
  • edited January 2007
    its all about using the secret knock :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    But there are people who sit right by the bathrooms that will see you go in/ hear you. Yiiikes...

I wasn't cut out for this... haha
  • edited January 2007
    ^ thats half the fun :teeth:
  • edited February 2007
    ahaha... Here's a good suggestion: SkyMall Liberation

377812150_96cdcdad60.jpg
  • edited February 2007
    looks like turbulence might screw that one up :x

Leave a Comment