To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Frustrated with Translink?

edited September 2006 in General
hey...this goes out to anyone who takes the 135 SFU every morning (to get to school for a 9:30 or 10:30am class)

...i'm just wondering, are you frustrated with all the FULL buses? Can you even get on a bus? Heck, I get on at Holdom and Hastings and the bus is full then. I really feel for those who try to get on at Duthie and Hastings. THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE!!

the buses really need to come every 3 or 4 mins during those peak times, not every 6-7mins. Even the bus drivers are frustrated.

so here's the deal. if you're frustrated, send an email to

[email]custrel@translink.bc.ca[/email] PLEASE! if you're not an email person, call 604-953-3040

ask them to send buses more frequently during these peak times. it might not work but at least if they're getting a whole bunch of complaints, they might see that there is a problem.

p.s. this applies to any bus number you take (i.e. the 145 or the 144 or whatever else)

maybe things will die down as more people stop going to their morning classes...but right now...it's pretty ridiculous :angry:

thanx for the vent! :teeth:

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Go earlier then.
  • edited September 2006
    psh, catching the bus for 930 classes are nothing, try the 830 classes.
  • edited September 2006
    Last week I was late for my class because I had to wait at Production station for 1/2 hour while 6 busses filled up and left before I could even get on one! The 3 line ups were all the way from the under-cover area, across the road, up the stairs to the skytrain platform!!!! If you are familiar with production station, then you know how crazy that is.

I've tried going earlier, but why should I have to leave my house at 6:45am to get to an 8:30 class when I literally live only a 20 min drive away in Port Moody??

If only I had a car... and a B-lot pass...
  • edited September 2006
    Get off at Como and take the 143 instead?
  • edited September 2006
    i couldnt take this translink bullshit any more.. the buses are so unreliable.. so ended up renting a condo up at cornerstone this year. its totally worth it and harsh beats the damn basement i was rentin out.. plus scoped out some hotties in the building ;)

Leave a Comment