To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

sleeping with your best friend

edited January 2007 in General
I am a girl and I've been in a close friendship with this guy for more than 5 years right now..I am 18, so yeah we were young at the beginning and we kind of fancied each other, but with the time we became just friends.. No attraction between us, not at all yeah I was involved in a serious relationship with one of his friend but we just weren't interested in having anything going on between us more than a friendship..
on friday though..we went out to the disco with one of my friend..maybe because of the alcohol,maybe because of the music,kind of sexy..we spent almost all the time..well just not in a proper "friendship way" XD.
On saturday(even worse..because this time we were sober)..we went to a movie theatre and out to dinner..just chatting as friends..as we always did (yeah we pretty often go out by ourselves)..than i got to his place (as still we always do..)..and..we had sex..i still don't manage to understand how so quickly we changed from the friend mood to the friends with benefits one..what the heck happened?..and it's even worse..my best friend(the girl one) just..loves him..she has been loving him for years..and I can't tell her what happened, I can't tell my group, actually anyone..
we were clear with each other "I am sleeping with you but thinking about my ex(i broke up with my ex just 2 months ago)" and he said the same (same situation)..we kind of helped each other moving on..but are we starting a sex relationship or it's just a once night stand?..I don't feel anything for him..anything..(never happened to me something like this..)..but i am attracted right now..so much. :sad:

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Well, only you can say whether it's a one-night stand or not. It's possibly because you're upset over your ex. It's possibly because you've suppressed your attraction towards him for a few years. Either way... I think the only way to know for certain is to give it time. I could give examples, but in the end you're an individual and what is true for me may not be true for you. :)
  • edited January 2007
    Ah, the tribulations of the young and the breastless.

If you don't want this to happen, then don't let it happen. If you're not prepared to be mature, and keep your pants on, then be prepared to deal with the fallout, i.e., screaming, weeping, lost friendships etc.

Leave a Comment