To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

skiing vs. snowboarding

edited January 2007 in General
So which one do you like better and why? I recently just started skiing and I picked it up pretty fast (according to my friends im "athletic") :teeth:

I absolutely lovvvedd it but snowboarding seems so cool too... is it harder? What are the pros and cons of both thanks! :teeth:

Comments

• edited January 2007
    no brainer for me.. snowboard!

i tried skiing first back in the day, prob went about 3-4 times total, was quite easy to pick up.. snowboarding was more of a challenge, but i liked it a lot more

ppl complain about bindings and stuf on snowboards, but im using flow bindings (backload) , pretty fast, less than 10 seconds after gettin off the lift and im rdy to go :D
  • edited January 2007
    SNOWBOARDING!!!!!!

I wouldnt recomment you go all out if you have problems balancing.......been there done that not fun
  • edited January 2007
    I ski, and I love it, been doing it for about 12 years now, its great. I like it because of how you can do moguls, and different tricks then boards. I've tried boarding but didn't really like it, skiing is where its at.
  • edited January 2007
    Snowboarders ruin the snow for skiers.
  • edited January 2007
    when skiers wipe out, its more amusing than when a snowboarder wipes out
  • edited January 2007
    ski
  • edited January 2007
    imelting said:
    when skiers wipe out, its more amusing than when a snowboarder wipes out
    That is because seeing a skier wipe out is a rare thing compared to all those snowboarders who wipe out and decide to just SIT on their ass in the middle of the trail. Whenever I see a snowboarder just sitting in the middle, I always do a nice little snowplow to get snow on them.
  • edited January 2007
    You guys rock! It is pretty fun watchiing skkiiers wipe out, it looks like a mangled mess half the time... I am loving skiing so far but I think I'll move onto snowboarding by next season I tend to get bored of one sport

Hey Bryan, where do you usually go skiing? I'm thinkin of heading up to Seymour again this week-end to get in a few more runs b4 exams come...where else is good?
  • edited January 2007
    I tend to stay away from Grouse because that's were the families and new skiers/boarders are usually at. I usually go to Cypress but my friend loves Seymour and knows a bunch of hidden places. That is if we don't go to Blackcomb (I say blackcomb and NOT whistler because Whistler is overrated and not as good at BC).
  • edited January 2007
    BryanL said:
    I tend to stay away from Grouse because that's were the families and new skiers/boarders are usually at. I usually go to Cypress but my friend loves Seymour and knows a bunch of hidden places. That is if we don't go to Blackcomb (I say blackcomb and NOT whistler because Whistler is overrated and not as good at BC).
    YES!! BLACKCOMB is so much better. when i head up to Whistler, i'm almost always on Blackcomb...cruising through 7th Heaven hahahah

anyway, i ski and snowboard. skiing is easy to start off with, but i think when you get down to the technique part, it's harder to master.

snowboarding on the other hand is hard to start off with but once you get the hang of it, mainly carving, it's time to look for some powder :)

and i'm sorry for those of you on moguls that have felt the wrath of a snowboarder... i feel so bad when i'm running over the bumps, but i can't avoid it because i snowboard with skiiers!!

Leave a Comment