To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

robert pickton trial..

edited January 2007 in General
so it commenced 2 days ago.. did anyone follow the story?

i've only gotten some of the basic info.. he's killed 26 prostitutes and is being charged 6 accounts of 1st degree murder.. the other 20 will be tried separately.. but what caught my eye were the clips of him while he was interrogated by the police and on court.. he's very calm.. very quiet and occassionally took notes while on trial.. now there's been speculation saying that he might be a victim of split personality.. and if that goes thru.. his punishment might very well be less servere in consideration of the illness..

so what do you think about the case and this guy? do you really think he has a split personality or that he's just a really disturbing murderer?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    probably just trying to do what the hillside strangler did, well the one guy. dun remember name.. kenneth something?
  • edited January 2007
    I can't believe the stuff that was in the newspaper on day two of the trial. Some of the details were a little too graphic for me, but they needed to be stated. I have no idea how he could commit those horrendous crimes, maybe disassociation? anyone in psych?
  • edited January 2007
    If at the end of this serious changes aren't made to help the people in the DTES then this entire stupid media circus will have been for nothing. But God knows between our Provinical and Federal government that's not going to happen.
  • edited January 2007
    What's the DTES?
  • edited January 2007
    Apparently he killed all those prostitutes and fed them to the pigs, then he gave the pork out to friends and visitors. So in essence, those people actually ate dead hookers. That's some sick ass sh*t right there. This is why I never really liked pork, pigs are filthy animals, they'll eat anything and their meat is often full of parasites.
  • edited January 2007
    Ken Bianchi I think

The Canadian system since I dont remember when, requires any plea of Not Criminally Responsible by reason of Mental Disorder, be proved beyond a doubt, by the defense (reverse onus) [actually it might be on the balance of probability, I dont remember my 100 level crims xD]
    With that said, I highly doubt they can prove it given the immense planning that went through at the very least, on the body disposal part.
    But hey, crazier things have happened
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    What's the DTES?
    Downtown East Side
  • edited January 2007
    i feel so bad for the jurors...that trial will probably change their lives. both emotionally and financially

Leave a Comment