To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Getting invisalign!

edited January 2007 in General
I've been thinking about getting my teeth straightened for a long time and went to a few orthodontists for an initial appointment. I didn't want metal braces b/c they are so ugly!

My friend was wearing Invisalign trays and I was surprised how unnoticable they were and he said they were really comfortable so i decided to go with Invisalign with Dr. Frank Lo who is really nice. There are other orhtodontists who are good at Invisalign too...Dr. Suzuki, Wainwright, Cziraki but I am living downtown with my boyfriend now so it was convenient.

Do some research first whether you need braces or Invisalign. Good sites are www.braces.org and www.invisalign.com

Keep smiling baby!

Comments

• Pro
    edited January 2007
    wow i never knew such a thing existed! that's awesome! how much would it cost tho?
  • edited January 2007
    lol
    dat site said average is $5000 ....USD..
  • edited January 2007
    Bah, go for the real thing, I did! Actually, if I had been able to afford invisalign, I would have done it. Even then, I needed much more than braces, so it probably wouldn't have helped. Oh well, glad that's over with anyway :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, I did the braces thing when I was 14, but most of my friends had them at that time so it wasn't a big deal at all.

I didn't care what they looked like, I just hated having to go to the dentist once a month, or having him reattach brackets that had fallen off... blech... The smell of that tooth cement will stick with me forever... (gag)

Leave a Comment