To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Bought packet of peanuts, Instructions on back...

edited January 2007 in General
On the back, There's a small box containing bold text which is labelled in red, Instructions.

Open packet, Remove peanut, Place in mouth, eat.

Is this necessary?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Would be better if it said 'May contain traces of nuts.'
  • edited January 2007
    have you ever heard of the old lady who bought a cup of hot coffee and placed it between her legs and while driving she suddenly saw a red light.. immediately stepped on the brakes and spilled the coffee all over her legs?

she sued the shop and won a compensation in the millions for that.. and from now on.. if you look on any coffee cup you'll see the sign.. "caution! the beverage you're about to enjoy is hot".. now let me ask you... given the fact that hot beverages do emit heat.. was it neccessary to even put a word of caution such as the above?

get my point? =)
  • edited January 2007
    McDonalds oot
    God Bless the Americans. Theres some more crazy ones like that coffee example, I'll try and google, see if I find them
  • edited January 2007
    ahh.. i tried to keep McD's outta the limelight.. but no avail.. lol..
  • edited January 2007
    search for "Stella Awards" on google xD

And the winner of the 2004 True Stella Award: Mary Ubaudi of Madison County, Ill. Ubaudi was a passenger in a car that got into a wreck. She put most of the blame on the deepest pocket available: Mazda Motors, who made the car she was riding in. Ubaudi demands "in excess of $150,000" from the automaker, claiming it "failed to provide instructions regarding the safe and proper use of a seatbelt." One hopes Mazda's attorneys make her swear in court that she has never before worn a seatbelt, has never flown on an airliner, and that she's too stupid to figure out how to fasten a seatbelt.
    According to this, I think the peanut people forgot to include "chew". You should "choke" on one and sue them for not including "chew" in the instructions
  • edited January 2007
    yeah, it's N.A... what do you expect? everything goes by the rules...

There's one I heard where a raper sued the girl he raped, because she had pierced her clit and that somehow damaged his penis...

then there's another where a guy who broke into this house where the people were on holiday and he got stuck in the garage and for 7 days ate dog food, sued the family :D

And one with AMD I believe, was a guy was jumped over a railing into the AMD boxed and broke his leg, and sued AMD for having stuff in the box or something like that :D

There are loads more... I remember reading once a newspaper article on these weird/funny/stupid law ish...
  • edited January 2007
    There are some fake ones and some true ones on Snopes.com

It's pretty funny what people will sue over...

Leave a Comment