To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Eye Glasses - Where To Buy?

edited January 2007 in General
Where do those of you who wear glasses buy them from? I usually wear contact lenses, but I want the option of wearing glasses sometimes as well. My contacts are from the place up in the Cornerstone called Eyes in Motion. They are really nice there, but I have a feeling they may be more expensive than most because of their location. As with all of us students, I don't have much money, so I'm hoping to find something that won't bankrupt me.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    if u want dirt cheap, u can get it some places online for under 35 taxes+shipping in, try somethin like goggles4u

or if u prefer a local spot, i dunno many personally, but i think i bought my pair from this place across from superstore in richmond, opticana i think the name was, was like 120 after taxes, lots of frames but dont expect any brand names lol

after all, u get what u pay for : )

i wear contacts daily and just wear glasses in the mornings or after i get home
    so cheapies work well
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    lenscrafters?
  • edited January 2007
    I buy my contacts from Iris. I also used the service of eyes in motion last year.

My friend told me there are lots of places in the Richmond asian malls were you can get your contacts for very cheap. And the prices at most places there are negotiable too. I'll find out the stores name for you if you're interested.
  • edited January 2007
    Eyes in motion isn't bad actually, they have a good selection of designer frames, but definitely not the best deals. Anywhere off campus is better for price, if you are just looking for a nice pair of glasses for school...its the lens that matters more not the frame (according to my eye doctor)
  • edited January 2007
    Go to Lenscrafters and Iris to test out different types of glasses, then go to Eyemate Optical on 85th and Granville. Talk to Samson and tell him Bryan sent you. He will give you a great deal. I went to Lenscrafters, tried on a pair of Dolche and Gabbanas, the price they wanted was $350 + 150 for lenses. Samson gave to me for $250 for everything.
  • edited January 2007
    i would help you guys out but i dont wear glasses.....yay 20/20 :P
  • edited January 2007
    Thanks for the great tips, everyone! I will check out those places you've suggested and hopefully save myself some money and time!

Does anyone have those lenses that darken when you go out in the sun? Do they work well? Do you like them?
  • edited January 2007
    did the forum roll back?
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, something fishy happened this morning. Bummer cuz there were some helpful posts here!

Leave a Comment