To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

URGENT CELLPHONE HELP

edited January 2007 in General
need to decide on a new phone from rogers ASAP.

to start off, i just want a nice lookin' phone, don't need high end functions cause to me, a phone is to dial someone else's number etc and preferably stylish.

so i've come to these two models

SonyEriccson w810i vs Motorola KRZR

SE w810i
sony_ericsson_w810i.jpg

KRZR
49988.jpg

here's the SPECS:http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/products/phones/wireless_product_comparison.asp?shopperID=HMUD26J939UX8PPAFP0A857BUL24D4E4&productId=K1R,W810IR

anyone here about these things, give some pros vs cons.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Go for the Sony, Moto's are crap, even if you've had a good experience with one, they only last about a year and they are super complicated, and the sony is cooler too cuz its not a flip and everyone has flips
  • edited January 2007
    i use the sony w810i now, but i updated firmware and it works great (my frd has the default rogers one and its kinda crippled)

i listen to mp3s a lot so if it were up to me itd b an easy choice
  • edited January 2007
    I've had my Moto for 2 years now and it works fine. Im getting the KRZR really soon but I wanna check it out in stores first. Can't decide on what colour yet. Anyone know any good deals??
  • edited January 2007
    ive had the E1 and it's gone thorugh a lot. dropped plenty, even once straight into the toilet.

some of the interface is slow through pictures/mp3 players but just like any other phones soo no biggy.

in terms of the mp3 capability, i use the phone just for the phone functionality like i mentioned above, the mp3 is a bonus. ive had the e1 and no music phone will perform better in terms of audio quality.

if i do get the w810i, imelting you want to help me update the firmware?
    i also plan on putting the k750i backplate to protect the camera lens
    http://cnn.cn/shop/sonyericsson-k750i-back-cover-p-409.html

anna, Rogers has K1 in blue only (gsm)

you can get black silver and blue from mobile 604, MC, cellworld
    for about 340~

K1m (cdma) is the telus/bell version has media buttons on the front but only 1.3 cam while the gsm(rogers and other places) version have 2mpx
    it looks REALLY slick.

and simon. everybody will have sliders soon ;) and unfortunately rogers doesn't have the RIZR
  • edited January 2007
    Frankly? Whichever one's cheaper. :tongue:
  • edited January 2007
    i got it done from a frd of a frd lol, i just read up a bit on it, but i didnt try to do it myself

if u just use it for basic features, u prob wont even hav to update the firmware, i think they had some issue with the rogers one and uploading mp3s to it and its also locked to rogers, so i needed it unlocked since i use it for fido
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    i would go with the sony ericsson hands down
  • edited January 2007
    I'd suggest the W810i. I've played around with the KRZR...seems like a slimmer (width-wise, of course), glorified version of the RAZR. Give it another few months, everybody and their mother will have one. Besides, the W810i has a much better camera, as Moto phone cameras tend to suck balls.
  • edited January 2007
    well...

if you just want fancy looking....krzr's not bad.....but for functions (mp3/camera) den the w810...

ooo LG SHINE
    lg-shine-00.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    from Rogers....w810 can get a free 4G memory stick, so think about that ^_^
  • edited January 2007
    puredaaan said:

ooo LG SHINE
    lg-shine-00.jpg
    whens this come out and whos gonna carry it?
  • edited January 2007
    Vince said:
    from Rogers....w810 can get a free 4G memory stick, so think about that ^_^
    i looked into that, expired december 31 200-SIX

there goes a potential 100$ sale

and LG's are crap. doesnt matter how good they look really.
  • edited January 2007
    Props to whoever posted the LG shine it looks sick
  • edited January 2007
    gsmarena_001.jpg
    gsmarena_003.jpg
    gsmarena_002.jpg

Leave a Comment