To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Your Favorite City

edited January 2007 in General
Mine is London, England ever since i went there last summer. It was just so nice and i cant wait to go back! But of course, i also love Vancouver.

How about you guys?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Las Vegas!
  • edited January 2007
    Portland, Oregon

Moon-Over-Mt-Hood-and-Portland-Oregon-Ph

It's such a unique place. Like Vancouver, but with more of a small-town feel. It's incredibly friendly there. Too bad it's part of the US, or I'd definitely live in Portland!

And yes, I like Vancouver too, but it's getting that big-city detached and cold feeling to it lately, which I predict will only get worse after the Olympics.
  • edited January 2007
    Vancouver, baby! And Quito, Ecuador is pretty cool, and Panama City, Panama City is probly my most favourite.
  • edited January 2007
    i like living in vancouver

i like visiting places like vegas and hk

havnt got around to travel to places like ny london paris etc but im sure those are nice vacation cities as well
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    richmond!
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Portland, Oregon
    save on the taxes here too : )
  • edited January 2007
    Vancouver is a great place to live, but pretty boring with no awesome landmarks etc.

New York City is gorgeous. <3
  • edited January 2007
    Vancouver and London tie for the win in my books. Vancouver is awesome, but I love London too. Maybe its my British roots, but I just feel at home there.

EDIT: I REAAAALY want to go to NYC though, that would definitely be high up in my books
  • edited January 2007
    Paris
    and Florence
  • edited January 2007
    LA :)
  • edited January 2007
    Waikiki, Hawaii baby
  • edited January 2007
    I wasn't a fan of Waikiki because I wanted a quiet vacation in Hawaii and it was even more commercialized and dirty than when I'd first visited there 8 years prior. Ewww...

I guess if you like the busy city life or Vegas, then it's a good place to visit... but not for me!
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Portland, Oregon

Moon-Over-Mt-Hood-and-Portland-Oregon-Ph

It's such a unique place. Like Vancouver, but with more of a small-town feel. It's incredibly friendly there. Too bad it's part of the US, or I'd definitely live in Portland!

And yes, I like Vancouver too, but it's getting that big-city detached and cold feeling to it lately, which I predict will only get worse after the Olympics.

omg!! have you been to MONTAGE in portland!?!? IIT"S SOOO GOOOOD THERE
    they're famous for their macaroni!! when i went there, i had frog legs, macaroni, and crocodile meat!!

n116204428_30189009_7120.jpg

their wall of vodka bottles!
    n116204428_30189000_4067.jpg

crocodile meat!!!
    n116204428_30189007_6446.jpg

their wine collection!
    n116204428_30188997_3051.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    Whoa! I haven't been there, but I will DEFINITELY check it out next time I'm in Portland. Looks snazzy!

Leave a Comment