To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Driving Record question

edited January 2007 in General
I heard from a buddy that if you voluntarily surrender your license to ICBC for a year they'll wipe your driving record clear. Can anybody confirm if this is true or not?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Did you run someone over? :wink:

I can't find anything pertaining to it on their website... but it kind of sounds like an urban legend to me.
  • edited January 2007
    not driving for a year!!!?!?!!?! i can never pull that offf
  • edited January 2007
    so if i mowed over 50 postal boxes on the sidewalk, destroyed some picket fences , basically just light municipality damage, and surrender it, i can be voided of these consequences by surrendering my license.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. i know this situations a bit extreme but you know what i mean.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    hahahhaa. perhaps you should call into icbc and ask? :P
  • edited January 2007
    or try revscene's police forum.
  • edited January 2007
    Pro said:
    hahahhaa. perhaps you should call into icbc and ask? :P
    "Hi ICBC today i just ran over 50 mailboxes and stole candy from a baby do you want my licence?"
    "Wtf?"

haha
  • edited January 2007
    The only thing you get for free if you hand in your lisence is a BC Card, as an alternate form of ID.
  • edited January 2007
    yeah that sounds bout right : )
  • edited January 2007
    And some places get really fascist and don't even accept BC ID as a valid form, even though it gets a number and has a magstripe like a driving licence does.
  • edited January 2007
    thats because they prob dont even know bc id exist lol
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    yeah i didn't know it existed for the longest time.. but i have to admit it does look a lot like a drivers license to the untrained eye
  • edited January 2007
    And they take forever to get here. I've been waiting for mine for like 5-6 weeks now.

Leave a Comment