To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

**Classes Cancelled - Jan 18 after 4:30pm**

edited January 2007 in General
Just an FYI for anyone headed up for evening classes:

"Classes at the SFU Burnaby campus that would normally commence at or after 4:30 pm today are cancelled because of continuing snow."

Remember to check the Road Conditions/School Cancellations Page before heading up the mountain in the next few days! Not sure what will happen tomorrow so keep an eye on things.

I hope that everyone can stay safe and warm until the weather lets up!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    But the problem is that I have a tutorial at 3:30.

I'm not too sure if I have to attend that.

Can anyone give me the heads up on that?
  • edited January 2007
    Looks like I'm a little late to respond to you, unfortunately, but the webpage does say that the canceled classes are those that "commence at or after 4:30 pm", so I think that 3:30 classes are still in session... hm.
  • edited January 2007
    The cancellation was revised and classes on or after 2:30pm on Jan. 18th were canceled.
  • edited January 2007
    That's good to know! Where did you find that info? I can't seem to see it on the SFU page or the road conditions page...
  • edited January 2007
    First hand experience. I was waiting outside for my 2:30 tutorial, and then some lady from the faculty was walking around to all the classrooms informing everybody that the school will be closed as of 2:30.

I travelled through the rain and snow to get to school for a canceled tutorial....I felt like such a tool on the way back. Buses were still running when I left, but the number of people wanted to get on was ridiculous.
  • edited January 2007
    Oh jeez... That really sucks. I'm glad I was at least at school all day so it felt "worth it" to have to go through the hassle of getting there and back. Luckily it wasn't too much of a nightmare getting off the mountain at 1:30... I'm just hoping there aren't people stranded up there again!

Looks like a good chance school might be canceled tomorrow unless we get a ton of warm rain tonight.
  • edited January 2007
    school still closed, if it's close dtomorrow, that means i don't get a chance to hand in my homework. yeyyuh. but then no gym workout on campus.

as of 6:44pm 1/18/07 classes still closed
  • edited January 2007
    Notices: More wet snow was expected over higher terrain overnight. A decisionon whether the Burnaby campus will be open or closed in the morning will be made Friday at about 5 a.m.

Sounds like it might be good news for those of you with Friday classes! I have the day off already, though. And I probably have to go to work. :\
  • edited January 2007
    Hey MB - I travelled through the rain and snow for a tutorial where the TA didnt even show up! I was pretty steaming...left campus at 2:30 and I shoved my way onto the bus LoL

Illicit - how's the gym so far? Busy or what?

There needs to be a more efficeient way for staff/faculty to let everyone know that school is closing. Funny thing is, my prof at 1:30 told the class that classes will be cancelled at 4:30. Why later and not just now? So unfair...
  • edited January 2007
    if SFU is closed, guess i'll head to Koerner to do my readings.
    I love that place.
  • edited January 2007
    anna, the gym is never really busy.well the weightroom, but the bikes/ellipticals/treadmills theres always a waitlist.

but it's not a bad facility. goin tomorrow at 1030, maybe see you there?

and i don't think it's going to close tomorrow. cause then they lose customers for the PPV event haha.
  • edited January 2007
    ^I dont have classes tomorrow and it's been a long week, I need a day off but I absolutely need to hit the gym and stop making excuses. I think I'll start monday morning. I miss the summer when the gym was empty. Sucks cause I do the elliptical and treadmill. But they've gotten so many machines now and it's still a long wait??
  • edited January 2007
    The school is OPEN today, guys. Looks like it's just raining up there and it's +3C.

Leave a Comment