To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Former BC Attorney General: Pro Marijuana

edited January 2007 in General
So, my crim 135 professor is a former BC Attorney General. And on Monday in class we were discussing different bills that have gone through parliament, are going to through, etc. regarding criminal law/law, and the subject of the Liberal bill for de-criminalizing marijuana in amounts of 15 grams came up.

So, he then said that he would like it to be de-criminalized, in amounts of 15 grams (which is an ounce for those of you who don't know, which is quite a bit), he says that he doesn't use it himself but he has no problem if other people use it. He even went further and said that he thinks the selling and distribution of it should be de-criminalized.

Its not the fact that its marijuana, but I still think its super cool that a professor would say this in a lecture hall full of students, not to mention he was the BC Attorney General, cool guy!!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Moved over to Think Tank for you. :smile:

Sounds like a pretty interesting prof! What's his name?
  • edited January 2007
    can u plz move it bak to the lounge, i didnt mean for it to be a think tank thing, just a cool thing i thought i'd let people know
  • edited January 2007
    yeah id smoke it still too once and a while if my back up plan wasn't to be a cop...
  • edited January 2007
    Yep, I'll move it back if that's what you want.

I expected it to go down the legalization discussion road, in which case it's better suited for Think Tank, but I agree that it's kind of in a grey area!
  • edited January 2007
    I smoked marjuana a few times only.

Stole it off my bro who use to deal (when he was still a minor). He stopped doing it as one of his friends got thrown in jail for a night after he got busted. But yeah, he still smoke tonnes.
  • edited January 2007
    Now you realize how anal High-school teachers are while uni profs are just layed back and cool :)
  • edited January 2007
    Is it Colin Gabelmann or one of the Socred-Era AGs?

Certainly can't be Commander U! as he's busy wondering why he's a federal Liberal in Opposition.
  • edited January 2007
    Not even close, Bowbrick is his name.

Leave a Comment