To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Annoying Girlfriend

edited January 2007 in General
My girlfriend has become the most clingy person I have ever met over the past six months. It has got to the stage where she won't let me go out on my own and if i do she will call me every 20 minutes.

Recently we went a house party and being a sociable guy I started talking to some girls about various things. They were flirting with me and to be honest I was having fun. Obviously this was a big no-no. She started accusing me of disrespecting her, got drunk and ruined the night.

She's always saying that she loves me, wants to spend the rest of her life with me and how she wants have children with me - we're 17! and I can't face being trapped in a life with her.

It's got to the point where I want to end things but this is where I'm struggling. I feel really guilty for wanting to end it - I was her first and it will break her. How do I let her down lightly? and how do I stop her reacting in a psycho way to me dumping her? I go to school with her and have the feeling that she is going to make my life hell if i end it.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    johnny said:

She's always saying that she loves me, wants to spend the rest of her life with me and how she wants have children with me - we're 17! and I can't face being trapped in a life with her.
    ok i gotta say that IS a little psychotic...
    but have you talked to her about the way she's acting? maybe tell her how YOU feel about where are in the relationship. if she's willing to be less aggressive, then maybe it's worth another shot. but if this is what she's demanding, then obviously you two are in very different stages of the relationship and there's no point in being with her if this is how it's going to be.

you seem like a nice guy, and you're young...there are a lot of other opportunities out there for you--if you want to break up with her, let her know that this isn't what you want right now. there's nothing wrong with the way you feel about this situation...and if she gets angry, well, i don't think it's your fault even if she makes it seem as though it is. i dont understand some girls when they act like that...

i wish i could offer you more help :(
  • edited January 2007
    What Meesh said makes a lot of sense!

Talking to her is the best idea. And should you decide to end it, make sure that she knows it's just not what you want right now, that you want to finish school and sort your life out before making a major commitment to someone.

And if I were her, I'd rather have my heart broken than have someone stay with me out of pity or fear.
  • edited January 2007
    I see another Swimfan movie... lol
  • edited January 2007
    Did anyone see the first Swimfan movie? :wink:

(zing!)
  • edited January 2007
    ...that show is scary.. lol... it shows how far lust can go....

hopefully it doesn't happen to you

Leave a Comment