To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Transit stories

Pro
edited January 2007 in General
I think we all have some odd/funny/horror/stalker/creep/hottie stories from taking public transit. So a spin off from the "transit etiquette" thread, post your stories here!

My most recent story (it's not too interesting really, but I felt I should contribute a story at least for strarting this thread), last week when I was bussing to school I must have got on the bus with a n00b driver. She kept forgetting to open the door for everyone to get off at their stops many times. So the bus would stop at the stop, but the green light wouldn't come on, so the people can't push the door and get out. There must have been numberous times where the person would have to shout out "BACK DOOR!". One poor guy couldn't figure out why the back door wouldn't open and the bus just took off from his stop and he had to get off the stop after.

I read one time that buses have a brake lock that prevents the bus from moving if the back door is open. So anyways, same n00b driver and trip, a few times she would forget to close the door before trying to leave the stop, so the bus would go forward for a bit, but then it would like stop abruptly cuz the brake lock kicked in. Not the funest of bus rides I have to say.

N00b drivers, I thought they go through intenstive training before we have to put our faith and safety into these people. ARGH!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    ahh that sucks, i hate it when the bus jerks forward when it stops. i look like a fool losing my footing!

anyway i hardly take the transit anymore, but a couple months ago i was skytraining back home from school and at one stop, this guy who looked about 19 or something was SO SO SO PISSED OFF AT SOMETHING! it was really scary, he kept yelling about something to himself and kicking things and punching the doors/windows of the train. he actually went up to some person and held his arm back with a fist, like he wanted to hit her or something. it was really weird. anyway, so he's waiting to get off at the Brentwood station and there's quite a few ppl planning to get on this train and this poor middle-aged man holding a coffee gets spit all over him because the damn angry guy spat on him and in his cup.
    as the train was on its way, we could still hear his yells which were obliterated with the use of "f*ck"s.
  • edited January 2007
    I got punched in the face on the Skytrain once because I ignored a dude trying to sell me crack... or something.

Bastard.
  • edited January 2007
    Punching... yikes!

I used to take the bus to work and occasionally there would be a strange (probably mentally handicapped) guy who would get on the extremely packed bus and start calling everyone "buddy" or "lady". He'd direct the flow of the passengers, instruct people to sit down and yell at anyone wearing their backpack. Once he said to a woman who was standing "Lady, sit down!!!" while pointing to a seat. She declined and he insisted many more times before she escaped further down the bus. I once saw him snatch off some kid's headphones and yell at him to take off his bag. The whole scene is especially funny because it happens in the morning when everyone is tired, grumpy and silent. Good stuff... hehe
  • edited January 2007
    I was on the skytrain at night with a few friends but we got separated into different trains somehow. On the train that some of my friends were on, a group of rowdy drunk guys were in there as well. They were causing a ruckus and kept on yelling "PARTY TRAIN!!!" while sipping on their brewskis and heckling other passengers. Really "cool" dudes, ya know?

Unfortunately (for them), the party was cut short as the police had their own party crew waiting to kick some asses a few stations away

Leave a Comment