To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Spring Break???

edited January 2007 in General
Hey everyone i know its kinda early but my family is planning to going on vacation to Mexico during spring break. Ive searched everywhere on the sfu site but no dice, so my question is does SFU have spring break?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Nope, not this semester!

Spring Calendar of Events

"Due to the timing of the Easter break, there is no mid-term break scheduled this semester"

Better say 'adios' to the family... or convince them to wait until exams end. :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    I don't understand! Why does UBC have a reading break? Do they get out later? I don't think so...

*Stomps feet* NOT FAIRRRR!
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    do they have one this year?

usually they seem to have a reading break cuz they start a week before we do, but this year they started the same time as us, so i'm not sure if they do have a reading break still
  • edited January 2007
    It seems most universities get reading week. I wanted to head back to ontario and chill with my friends who all have reading weeks, but I was told last semester that they don't have one this year.
  • edited January 2007
    schroed said:
    It seems most universities get reading week. I wanted to head back to ontario and chill with my friends who all have reading weeks, but I was told last semester that they don't have one this year.
    yeah same, i wanted to go to Montreal to visit my friend at McGill but nope, no reading week. from what i know ubc, uvic, western, queen's, mcgill ALL have reading week!! :(

though thinking about it, we DO get our tuition's worth........
  • edited January 2007
    sfu runs on semester system, its just hard to fit it in

ubc runs on quarter system

most american colleges run quarter, thus they also hav a spring break
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    I don't understand! Why does UBC have a reading break? Do they get out later? I don't think so...

*Stomps feet* NOT FAIRRRR!
    Doesn't UBC always start a week earlier? Whatever, you paid for the 13 weeks it. Don't go if you don't wanna; it's only not fair if they cut out classes :smile: .

Leave a Comment