To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I hate my job

edited January 2007 in General
I've only been doing it 4 months and the "plan" is to do it for the next 40 odd years

I just don't know what to do now. If I give it up my parents will be mad, they were pissed off when I left uni early then they were really pleased when I got my new job and to let them down again would be wrong. If it wasn't for them I'd hand my notice in tomorrow ...

Thing is I can't imagine myself enjoying any job, I think the only way I'm going to be happy with myself is if I'm working for myself but then there's the problem of not knowing what to do!

Argh, life sucks.

/rant over.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Can i ask what your current job is or what it involves? And what do you hate about it?
  • edited January 2007
    Accountancy. It gets me stressed and it's not particularly interesting. The whole routine of working full time is getting to me too, so that is probably contributing to the "hate" of the job.
  • edited January 2007
    I may have something for you.. if you are truly interested, PM me.
  • edited January 2007
    Start looking for another job. At the very least it will give you some hope, and at best it will find you a new job!

And you have to live for YOU, not your parents. I'm sure they want the best for you, but they certainly don't want you to be miserable for 40 years...
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    yeah go find another job.. i'm sure they'll be more accepting if you tell them you left this job for a better job
  • edited January 2007
    heeey! where do you work exactly????

i'm working as an accountant rihgt nowt oo!~
  • edited January 2007
    however, working full tiem takes some getting used to as well. Figure out if it's the hours or the work before you make a decision
  • edited January 2007
    My advise, dont stick with the job if you hate it. Find a new job before you quit this one, and if your parents dont like it, well too bloody bad. Its not them that has to live with the job, its YOU.

Good luck!
  • edited January 2007
    Sometimes a little change is all you need...

Leave a Comment