To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What CELLPHONE do you "have", "are good", "are new", "want to get"???????????

edited January 2007 in General
Well, i personally have a Sony ericsson W900i and it's SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!

07.jpg

what i want but impossible: :(

SE W44s

w44s_4_jpg.jpg

sony_ericsson_w44s.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2007
    nokia-n93-00.jpg

I'm currently using the Nokia N93. I think it's a great phone, and despite not having 850 Mhz I still get great reception. A lot of cool features, plus it runs on Symbian OS, so everything runs pretty fast and smooth.

nokia-n95-02.jpg
    nokia-n95-00.jpg

I wanna get the N95 when it comes out....
  • edited January 2007
    right now, i have a great motorola E1 that has definitely been reliable, modified the dual speakers so it puts out a lot of sound.
    motorola_rokr-e1_00.jpg
    Except i put a new housing on mine so the front is metallic black, looks slick

getting the new blackberry pearl, anyone know much about this phone? it's either the sony ericsson k790 or blackberry pearl ( roger's isn't offering anything better )

blackberry-8100_00.jpg
    blackberry-8100_01.jpg

sonyericsson-k790-00.jpg
    sonyericsson-k790-01.jpg

i've compared the two, and the biggest difference i can see is that the K790 talk time is 7hours where Pearl is 3.5 hours. Significant difference...but the Pearl should last longer in terms of functions etc correct?
  • edited January 2007
    I had a BlackBerry 7100R a long while back when it first came out. Quite similiar to the Pearl in design, except for the camera and updated software. It's a great phone, but to really get the best out of it, you'd have to have a data plan. I had one for a few months, and it got expensive...around $300 per month, and I cut it. It's definitely not worth that money to be able to send dirty emails to people while in the car.
  • edited January 2007
    welll....if you get the blackberry pearl are u also going to get their service?...because it does cost more..

and sony ericsson's are ownage..

depending whether or not you use it as a cellphone or as a blackberry...

N95 is nice too!!!!!!! dual slide..haha
  • edited January 2007
    Guess what phone I got, Magnificent_Bastard? =D
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    a v3?
  • edited January 2007
    ^

EW!

i say you have the k790!
  • edited January 2007
    I have Palm Treo 650 and I want to get Apple iPhone.
  • edited January 2007
    puredaaan said:
    ^

EW!

i say you have the k790!
    HAHA I got another V3c after I lost my first one... oh gawd I'm gonna get beat in this forum =[
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    haha a point for me!

let's all beat flora now
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    HAHA I got another V3c after I lost my first one... oh gawd I'm gonna get beat in this forum =[
    Hope you didn't pay to much for it =P And teaches you a lesson...don't eat at Korean restaurants!
  • edited January 2007
    I've just got a lowly Nokia 3220... crappy camera, but I've unlocked it and I found a data cable on eBay so I can transfer custom ringtones... yeah, I know, its a lame phone, but I'm a poor student :smile:

I want an iPhone now, even thought it'll probably be overhyped. I could settle for a Blackberry Pearl though, that's a cool lookin' phone.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    Hope you didn't pay to much for it =P And teaches you a lesson...don't eat at Korean restaurants!

and stick with gsm!
  • edited January 2007
    MaNiCkGeEk said:
    I've just got a lowly Nokia 3220... crappy camera, but I've unlocked it and I found a data cable on eBay so I can transfer custom ringtones... yeah, I know, its a lame phone, but I'm a poor student :smile:

I want an iPhone now, even thought it'll probably be overhyped. I could settle for a Blackberry Pearl though, that's a cool lookin' phone.
    I love that phone! I used to recommend that one to customers, mainly because of the ringtone "Frolic"!! I've been looking for that ring for my phone, and I can't find it. You should get the Express-on fun shell, then you can write light messages by waving the phone. It's the coolest accessory ever.
  • edited January 2007
    this is my baby
    i wish i could get my hands on one of these, ONE OF A KINDS

_1STCELL.JPG
  • edited January 2007
    Sweeeeeet Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell had one!!!!
  • edited January 2007
    OMG.....i JUST bought that for a whoppin' $799!!!!!

such a good deal to keep in style! ..it comes with a 3.2 mp camera too! woot woot!
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    this is my baby
    i wish i could get my hands on one of these, ONE OF A KINDS

_1STCELL.JPG
    Haha, I actually have a phone very similar to that one, except the antenna is retractable. I can't find a charger for it, or I'd hook it up on a line, and look cool...80's style. I'll try to fish it out and take some pics.

I also have an old Moto Flip that I *ahem* borrowed from work, that was just sitting around. I put it on a line, and used it...and I swear, 2 minutes into a conversation, my head started to hurt. Here's the Motorola flip:

coolphone1.jpg
    coolphone3.jpg
    coolphone4.jpg
  • edited January 2007
    it's also known as the "brick"
  • edited January 2007
    i was such a baller in high school i had a snazzy startac flip phone!! yeah!!

went thru a few more from moto and sony erricson, v60? t23? v551 v635, currently using a w810i, which im quite happy with as the mp3 function is very important to me
  • edited January 2007
    omg....yah i remember that phone! i have a friend who recently just got rid of it..hahaha
  • edited January 2007
    i want any nokia / se quad band just so i can get rid of my d600.
    :D
  • edited January 2007
    puredaaan said:
    it's also known as the "brick"
    the big honking " dy goh dy " (cantonese) cell phones, they can now be termed as, ship anchors
  • edited January 2007
    imelting said:
    bahaha oh man i remember those days haha i had one when i was in gr7...god knows why i would even have one back then...i probably thought i was coolest cat :embarassed:

anyway, i have razr. yeah people are giving it shit..but i got mine for free (sister used to work within Telus and got the hookups)...and mine is in good shape...so i'm generally happy with it.

i dont care much about phones...as long as it sends and receives calls properly and has text msging. otherwise, the rest doesnt matter.
  • edited January 2007
    meesh said:
    bahaha oh man i remember those days haha i had one when i was in gr7...god knows why i would even have one back then...i probably thought i was coolest cat :embarassed:
    Lucky....I didn't get my first cellphone until I was 18, and I had to pay for it myself. The actual phone was a hand-me-down from my brother. An Ericsson of some sort... I broke it pretty good, so I didn't have a phone again until a few years after.
  • edited January 2007
    meesh said:

hahahah when the only person calling you was ur mom and when she did call you acted like you were cool!!
  • edited January 2007
    im going to be getting the SE w810i from rogers cause i have to.

anyone know places within richmond that does housing installations for the phone? enough people have this phone as it is.
  • edited January 2007
    hmm....i actually have no idea....

im sure if you google it, you'll find a way!
  • edited January 2007
    imelting said:
    I keep a StarTac around for nostalgic purposes.
    startac.jpg
    startac2.jpg

And here's one phone of mine that I would SO use if I could find the charger for it...

bigphone.jpg

I'd be the coolest kid at SFU!!!!
  • edited January 2007
    2059_D.jpg

I seriously want this.

Leave a Comment