To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Which campus?

edited January 2007 in General
So, which campus (or campuses....campi?) do you take courses at this semester? I'm at Burnaby and Surrey (better commute to Surrey, but they don't have all the classes I wanted :sad:) this semester, but where are all the other TalkSFUers?

I wouldn't be surprised if this question has been asked before but who cares? It's a new semester!

P.S. You can select multiple options in the poll

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Good idea for a poll! :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    of course BBY...haha
  • edited January 2007
    i had burnaby and surrey last sem, this sem is all burnaby.. its prob all burnaby till i grad :x
  • edited January 2007
    How is the Surrey campus? The outside of the building looks really nice and I know it's won some awards.
  • edited January 2007
    the mall itself is pretty dead

but the campus (if u can even call it that) its only 2 floors right now (expanding to 4 i think) is pretty nice, more classroom feel, no real big lecture halls l

also during class u might hear lots of construction, but other than that its quite nice lol

having a t&t + foodcourt + skytrain accessible made it nice to either eat at school, or buy groceries and cook at home : )
  • edited January 2007
    the building of sfu surrey is nice! and the building is hella nice too! but the thing is....sfu surrey part of the building isnt THAT great.......the highrise part is really nice!!! its got a view of the outside..and when i saw from the 21st floor, it was snowy outside!!

but...BBY ftw!!
  • edited January 2007
    Also, the Surrey Library has a games room :smile: you can check out Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy Advance games for 3 days and PC games for the day (you can't keep them overnight). Plus theres a few PCs, and TVs, an Xbox, a 360, etc... perfect for killing some time between classes.
  • edited January 2007
    ^ WHAT???

are u seroius??????

wow....sfu surrey's doing everything they can possibly think of to get students to attend sfu surrey eh?
  • edited January 2007
    Well... I expect the technical reason is that Surrey has Game Design courses, but I wonder how many of the people who use that service are actually doing work :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    Games room! Holy crap. That's awesome.
  • edited January 2007
    I work in the office building where SFU Surrey is located at but choose to go to school at the Burnaby campus. I actually hate that Surrey area. I always get harassed at the parking area my workplace gave me by the druggies and sometimes I don't even park there cuz I'm afraid they'll vandalize my car if I don't give them any money. One time, after work, there was this lady who was hiding behind my car while she was snorting her cocaine.

Last week, a shooting occured on the parking lot after scotia bank got robbed. The bank robber decided to open fire at the police on in the parking lot. Oh yeah, the same thief hijacked some ladies car in the parking lot so he has a getaway vehicle after the robbery. I had to wait around the parking lot for 3 hrs after work so they can finish their investigation and interview me. It's a shitty area despite the nice office building.
  • edited January 2007
    Who is that "none of above" guy? faint...
  • edited January 2007
    I'm taking most of my classes at Burnaby.. and only one class at Surrey. I prefer Surrey over Burnaby though. The only reason why I'm taking courses at Burnaby is because all the "good" profs are there..
  • edited January 2007
    im taking classes at the Burnaby campus, and the same for last semester. until i graduate, i plan on taking them at Burnaby or Harbour Centre (depending on the courses). actually it would make a lot of sense for me to go downtown because it would take me about 10-15 minutes by public transportation--it would save me gas money too...
    but i don't mind the drive to burnaby. surrey's just a bit too far off for me.
  • edited January 2007
    im at burnaby and harbor centre this semester.

Leave a Comment