To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Toughest & Easiest Course

edited January 2007 in General
So, I thought I'd see what people thought was the toughest course they've taken so far. Don't have to share grades if you don't want to, just put down the course, and why you found it hard. Maybe include the easiest course too if you feel like it :)

Toughest: CMPT 307 - Lots of abstract math, proofs, theorems, and tricky problems... I took this one last Fall and ended up with a D, looks like I'll be doing that one again. I was even pretty close to the average, but the prof didn't use the curve :sad:

Easiest: CMPT 126 (waay back in first semester :teeth:) - I guess having previous programming experience helped here, because honestly I didn't really learn anything new in this one :smile:.

So, what was your toughest and easiest course?

EDIT: I wasn't sure if this was the place to post this or if the Lounge might be a better place, so if a moderator wants to move it to the Lounge, feel free.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    easiest, hands down for me, crim 131 with Cartwright. Anyone whos had this class with him will agree. or any 100 crim class with him for that matter.

hardest, go math 151 gg owned
  • jbd
    edited January 2007
    Hardest....
    Math 151,152 and 232...251 wasn't that bad.

Easiest...
    Engl 101 (fiction)
  • edited January 2007
    i thought math 232 was one of the hardest courses i ever took (not the worst grade i got, but one of the hardest in terms of tryin to understand and applying the material)
  • edited January 2007
    Hardest: MACM 201 & MATH 232
    Easiest: CMPT 165, CMPT 120&125 and CMPT 275

CMPT 275 is a lot of work, but it's so easy!
  • edited January 2007
    Toughest: BUS 251 (i think it was 251....it was financial accounting I). Im just not good with numbers and math and all that stuff. It took up a lot of my time and my other courses that semester suffered because of it as well.

Easiest: HUM 102, which was Classical Mythology. So easy its not even funny. I loved that course.
  • edited January 2007
    Heh, I'm in 251 this semester :confused: seems ok so far though (and I'm pretty good with numbers)
  • edited January 2007
    By definition no math course is easy. That having been said, on a relative scale Math 157/158 are easier than the 151, 154 (differential), 152, 155 (integral) track.

Lessee, in my experience I'd say the CMPT courses I took (110, 120, 165) were the easiest of the lot, and the toughest was MATH 232 for sure. 310 probably came a close second, followed by, let's see... PHYS 221 (the electromagnetism course that uses all the calculus you get in 252), and CHEM 360 and 464 (physical chemistry, quantum mechanics respectively).
  • edited January 2007
    This is only my 2nd semester here at SFU.
    but I would have to say that... EDUC 100 is by far the easiest course.
    For the first 2 weeks, we played name games and survey games for us to know the class better.
    Everyday, our class discussions are in a big circle.
    :D I love the class. No lectures, nothing.
  • edited January 2007
    math 100 level = hardest (for me)

educ 380 (french) = EASIEST A EVER
  • edited January 2007
    sa-101 was pretty easy
    Stats 203 is pretty easy too.
    crim251 is easy as eating pie
    crim 131 and 104 are easy
    psyc 100 is easy too

Leave a Comment