To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

So I got asked out today

edited January 2007 in General
I was talking to this girl that I have known for about 2 months today. Out of nowhere, she told me that she was thinking that we should go out on a date sometime. I pretended I didn't hear her and changed the topic. I decided to choose this route b/c I didn't know if she was serious or not and I have my eyes on this other girl that I know. Do you guys think I handled this matter appropriately.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    just hang out.. not treat it as a date...

you worry too much
  • edited January 2007
    Ignoring her was just like shooting her down only without any kind of explanation...

And it doesn't hurt to date someone while you have your eye on someone else. Just don't get into a serious relationship unless you have feelings for her too.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    yeah you know how girls likes to get what they can't have.. so play around with this girl and get the other one you like jealous.. then she'll come to you also
  • edited January 2007
    haha playing it like pro is risky, if youre asking this question, this is probably the first time you're going out with someone so you probably don't want to mess around.

well to answer your question, you shot her down like a ship anchor.

i suggest you ask her out again, quick. before she gives up on you.
  • edited January 2007
    Here's some advice from a true playa ;)

Its good that you ignored it, cuz it gives you a chance to think and it keeps her wondering... maybe he didnt hear me? maybe i used the wrong words?

so now, be a man and call her up and say... hey theres this great movie i wanna go see wanna come with me? keep it light n breezy and stay in control of things... at the same time keep talking to the other chick too, and see if she's into you

stay confident but don't lose control of things, you got two girls thats a good starting point to build some confidence

over and out i expect a report by monday
  • edited January 2007
    TiNgLu_SiNgH said:
    Here's some advice from a true playa ;)

... don't listen to me.
  • edited January 2007
    LOL PLAY HER!!..hahahaha

i think you should just tell her that u just want to be friends~!
  • edited January 2007
    fill her up and cut her off!! as my friend would say

just do what feels right.

Leave a Comment