To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What is love?

edited January 2007 in General
It causes a lot of emotional grief....
If someone lies to you, you find it hard to trust again...
If someone dies, it takes you forever to get over them, some days are good, some are bad.
Its always a rollercoaster, and you never know when you're going to drop...
Its so hard to find someone that is right..there always is some sort of catch...but no ones perfect right....I sort of feel like I have totally given up on it. Everytime before when I thought I found someone good, I got hurt really bad in the end. I dont think I can go through that shiet....Too much Drama....

Comments

• Pro
    edited January 2007
    what is love....

baby don't hurt me
    don't hurt me
    no more

57612.JPG
  • edited January 2007
    ooooooooooooooo i remember that song, from when i was a wee lad
  • edited January 2007
    And there he was, Emilio Esteves, the mighty duck man himself. And I was like...EMILIOOOOOOO
  • edited January 2007
    Haha way to turn the thread around...
  • edited January 2007
    It's what I thought of immediately as well... sorry Jessika!

And love isn't supposed to lead to all that bad stuff. It is possible to find someone who won't lie to you or break your heart. Everyone does die, however...
  • edited January 2007
    My favorite quote when it comes to answering this question...

"It is an excess, a madness that blinds one so that they can no longer see the other's faults, illusion, hallucination. Like hate, it is provoked into existence by a smile, a flicker of the eye perhaps. It is the curse of humans, a test of sanity...

Which perhaps explains why it is not sustainable. Such an emotion as you describe it would extinguish itself, much in the same way that two merging flames do when they meet"
  • edited January 2007
    yah i agree with malakaii! its not suppose to lead to that bad stuff

you will probably find a person with whom you will be happy just yah don't expect him to be prince charming all the way and that u might not get a long on some small things because afterall no one is perfect
  • edited January 2007
    I was talking with my boyfriend the other night about how things have changed between us as time has gone on (it's been 4.5 years and we've lived together for almost 4). He made a good point that when you first start dating someone, everything is new. It's really overwhelming how much there is to learn about someone and I believe that's part of the infatuation and love feeling that you get right from the start. But it fades. Ideally into something really comfortable and great... but I can see how people can be turned off when that newness stage wears off. It makes a lot of sense cuz it's very intense.

But there is something really wonderful about having someone who knows you well enough to anticipate what you might need or want, and who you can communicate with without words. Sure the first stage can totally knock you on your ass, but I am a really big fan of what that comes next. We still laugh a lot and I miss him like frigging crazy when he's not around.

Believe me, people. The chase is fun, but if you find the right person the next stage can be awesome too... give it a chance, damnit! :wink:

Leave a Comment