To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Money in a Long term relationship.

edited January 2007 in General
We all know that money makes the world go around.

By making money a no issue or a very minor issue, do you think it be a lot easier for 2 people to fall in love and have an ideal future?

What would be your ideal combined income per month to live happily?

Iam pretty sure the money issue has crossed your mind in every and any relationship you have been in.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I think the key is balance and finding something that works for your current situation.

Currently, I go to school full time and my boyfriend works to support us. The balance will happen in a few years once I graduate. Once I get a job and we get our feet on the ground (and some money saved up for emergencies), then he will quit working and work on his hobbies (photography & computer programming). And he will probably be the one to stay home with our kids when we have them too.

I'm going into teaching elementary school, so I'll get the summers off to spend with my family and we can do some traveling.

It's just "the plan" right now. In addition to finding a balance that is fair for both of you and lets you feel like you are holding up your end of the relationship without being impinged on, you also need to be flexible as things can come up that will put a hitch in things...

Leave a Comment