To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What do you think about the Apple Iphone?

edited January 2007 in General
I saw the news on internet today that Iphone will be lauched soon early this year, I am not a solid Apple fun so I didn't know anything about it before today. The design looks pretty stylish, I feel it will be so crazy in the electronic market just like Ipod is doing right now and for those cellphone manufacturing companies, it's definitely a bad news:zip:
I bought my cellphone last year and Ipod long time ago so I am not very interested to buy the Iphone, but how about you guys? Are you gonna switch your cellphone or ipod to a Iphone?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    At $599 US (About $700 CDN) on contract (so probably substantially more without, probably close to $900), I don't know if it'd be worth it for only 8GB mp3 player with a few cool features. As is the case with Apple and their iPod brands, you can expect newer models out shortly after the iPhone is released, so I'd personally wait and see how the phone-side of Apple's craftsmanship is.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    i think its awesome and totally whoops the phones out there today.

you get so many features.. and newly invented things in a device so thin. for comparsion sake.. it's thinner than a razr even!!
  • edited January 2007
    i dont get who the phone is targetted at
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    i should at least name some of the features i like

8GB hdd
    3.5" touchscreen screen
    super thin
    interface looks awesome
    quadband
    2.0 MP camera
    bluetooth 2.0

and others i don't remember at the moment
  • edited January 2007
    It has WiFi too, which is a nice feature. I know I use it a ton on my phone, and it comes in really handy.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    imelting said:
    i dont get who the phone is targetted at

people who love the ipod. music lovers. tech geeks. it's basically like a nano and phone all in one.

and i guess maybe business/smartphone users as well
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    It has WiFi too, which is a nice feature. I know I use it a ton on my phone, and it comes in really handy.

yeah that's it! i can't believe i forgot that. i use it a bit too on my phone. especially for msn
  • edited January 2007
    Pro said:
    yeah that's it! i can't believe i forgot that. i use it a bit too on my phone. especially for msn
    Yeah, especially when I'm in class, and I don't have my laptop with me =D

The iPhone does seem a bit large though, so that might turn some people off. Personally, I prefer larger phones, since they're harder to lose.

Off topic: What kind of phone do you have, Pro?
  • edited January 2007
    Remember when the first time Ipod(the 3rd edition) was released, its price was like a joke, no one can afford to buy one, but merely after about one year, the price droped down sharply thanks to the well-spread mp3 popularity, so I think for Iphone, the price drop is just a matter of time. And who doesn't want such a cool gear shining on his/her hand by that time comes?
  • edited January 2007
    This thing looks ridiculous, way too much $ though, but here's a good look at it:

Apple iPhone

Sure this phone looks cool but I bet in no time, the people who are going to come out with the next new wireless thing is Microsoft, they will definatley make something completely new.
  • edited January 2007
    Not necessarily. Microsoft's Zune player doesn't even compare to the iPod! The iPod was really revolutionary, and while lots of companies have tried to get in on the MP3 market, its still kicking ass.

And I use a Creative Zen, by the way. :wink:

Interesting thing about Apple being sued over stealing the name from Cisco though! Read it on Wired News.
  • edited January 2007
    the only thing that has me thinking is the battery life... a phone, wifi, pictures, movies, mp3's etc etc... nothing bothers me more than a phone runnin outa juice in a day...
  • edited January 2007
    the thing is like five six bills with a contact on cingular, too $$

be interesting to see an unlocked one tho

still too many unanswered questions on this phone, i see so many articles questioning this thing

time will tell i suppose
  • edited January 2007
    Mengs said:
    the only thing that has me thinking is the battery life... a phone, wifi, pictures, movies, mp3's etc etc... nothing bothers me more than a phone runnin outa juice in a day...
    good point, power crisis is vital.
  • edited January 2007
    I think touch screens are very annoying...they never do what you want them to how they are supposed to... and think of the scratches
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, I wonder what it will be like when you actually use it. Its gonna get all dirty since that design will most likely touch your face when you actually use it..
  • edited January 2007
    I think it's meant to be used with an ear piece and not directly against the face. Kind of like the Palm phone.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    bluetooth all teh way
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    I think it's meant to be used with an ear piece and not directly against the face. Kind of like the Palm phone.
    I have a Palm Treo but I don't use an ear piece =/. I'm sure many people would still use it the old fashioned way.
  • edited January 2007
    I wonder if the touch screen is scratch-proof?
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    probably not... but if i got it i would have a screen protector on it
  • edited January 2007
    the phone is aesthetically pleasant and quite advance.

but i like my phone, mp3 player, etc., to be separate.
    ipods have quite a few flaws and problems. and so does my phone. and so does my laptop.
    so this being the first phase for such a gadget, i'm led to believe that there will be combined flaws in the iphone. but if it turns out it doesn't, then i have to say i applaud them!

Leave a Comment