To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Anyone do Yoga?

edited January 2007 in General
I tried Bikram's yoga a few weeks ago and man it was crazy. Anyone else do Bikrams yoga or yoga in general?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    supposedly yoga is related to buddhism, and i'm christian, sooooo no.
  • edited January 2007
    that's pretty narrow sighted of you illicit.. yoga maybe related to buddhism but nevertheless a great way to exercise and relax.. it's a pity that your body can't enjoy the benefits because of your belief..

i did some amateur yoga right before hitting uni and i loved it.. this year i was finally able to work out some time to sign for up for a class and learn about it seriously..
  • edited January 2007
    i do fine working out at the gym lifting weights and running for cardio soo, i don't need sit there and yoga myself in spandex.

you can relive stress while lifting weights, and achieving a better body.
  • edited January 2007
    um... yoga is really spiritual... i think it's against my religion to do that sort of stuff.. i'm christian too.
  • edited January 2007
    well we definitely have some faithful followers here.. my point is that you shouldn't be limited to do certain things because of a religion.. sometimes you miss out the good stuff.. but if lifting weights and sweating profusely does the job for you.. then do what you need to do.. whatever works...
  • edited January 2007
    Who is Yoga, and why am I doing him/her? I'd like to get to know Yoga better before getting that serious.
  • edited January 2007
    Yoga is a really good way to stretch your muscles and help you relax. I noticed it was a great work out, sweat lots, lose weight and helps my back get into proper alignment. I am not religious at all, but yoga is a great way to feel better.
  • edited January 2007
    It's really just stretching. I've gone through a few yoga videos and while they had mystical sounding music... there were no religious messages there.

I find it amazing that there are religions barring a certain type of stretching... unbelievable.
  • edited January 2007
    Nah,
    I think recreational yoga is ok....
    I've done it a couple of times.
    However, there are lots of ppl that really REALLY get into it.
    and then it becomes no longer than just stretching
  • edited January 2007
    things like yoga 'can' get spiritual, but if ur faithful in ur respective religion, i dont think u should have to worry about it..

yoga is just a good way to stretch and help out some muscle groups u generally dont stress and can be very relaxing

Leave a Comment