To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

rant: pissed off

edited January 2007 in General
so someone backed off their deal in selling their math 157 textbook to me after posting an ad in the book store and did not plan to tell me until i emailed and asked for it.. seriously.. do they know the basic rules of buy and sell? you don't sell it to a 3rd person after you agreed to sell it to someone else.. and if you didn't understand this simple concept (which i suspect this person doesn't).. you could've atleast have some decency to notify me that you don't want to sell it to me so i could look for other potential sellers before school starts.. but nnnooo this person decided not to contact me and went right ahead and sold the freaking book to a friend.. i don't blame this person for helping out a friend but don't set up a bypasser.. it's very very rude and disrespectful to do so..

thanks for royally screwing me over.. =)

end rant*

now if there's anyone who has the math 157 txtbk and is (sincerely) willing to sell... please let me know ASAP as i urgently need one..

and for future reference.. please be responsible for the ads you put up.. i know it's difficult for moderators to regulate this but people should not and be able to post ads that they won't honor...

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Oh jeez... that stinks. Did you try looking through the bookstore here to see if you can find anyone else selling that book? You may also want to post an ad there that you are looking for it.

Please let me know through PM who the user was that fell through on their deal. If I get more complaints about that person then we will take some action.

Sorry that you got the raw end of this deal. I hope you find a book!
  • edited January 2007
    Wow that really sucks... someone kinda did the same thing to me (with a MATH 157 textbook as well, I guess they are just unlucky) except I was selling to them... bought it from someone else without telling me >=(... I wish I could help you out here, but I just sold it today.
  • edited January 2007
    haha oh jeez... could've been a perfect match!
  • edited January 2007
    ....lucky i didnt have to buy so many new textbooks..
  • edited January 2007
    thats shows a lack of integrity
  • edited January 2007
    riding your post

buying psych100 txtbook.
  • edited January 2007
    *siGh.. it just sucks..=(

@illicit.. i have a psych100 textbook..
    don't know if it's the one you need.. the prof was alder..
  • edited January 2007
    siuying said:

@illicit.. i have a psych100 textbook..
    don't know if it's the one you need.. the prof was alder..

PSYCHOLOGY:SCI.OF MIND+BEHAVIOR-W/CD

?
    and when did you take the course?

prof. george alder!

how much and what condition out of 10?
  • edited January 2007
    PSYCHOLOGY:SCI.OF MIND+BEHAVIOR-W/CD - i don't have the CD.. i lend this book to a couple of friends.. and i suppose they took off with the CD.. =\

and when did you take the course? fall 05.. it's the 2nd edition

prof. george alder! yup you got it.. =)

how much and what condition out of 10? 90 bucks... 9/10
  • edited January 2007
    90$ without the cd. i can do better at the bookstore. no thanks

Instructors:
    Alder, George
    Course Books:
    PSYCHOLOGY:SCI.OF MIND+BEHAVIOR-W/CD, Required, New: 107.95, Used: 80.95, ISBN: 9780072943184

but i'll give you a shout if i need it.
  • edited January 2007
    You know what else is annoying??? When someone says they want to buy your book. Then you email them before school starts to ask when and where they want to meet and they say sorry I dont need it anymore.:angry:
  • edited January 2007
    when u try to buy sell things without any type of enforcement system, this sorta thing happens quite often
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    90$ without the cd. i can do better at the bookstore. no thanks

Instructors:
    Alder, George
    Course Books:
    PSYCHOLOGY:SCI.OF MIND+BEHAVIOR-W/CD, Required, New: 107.95, Used: 80.95, ISBN: 9780072943184

but i'll give you a shout if i need it.
    oh so they dropped the prices eh.. i bought it new for 114 back then.. bleh* stupid bookstore..
    and just on the side note.. you don't really need to use the CD.. alder's questions are all right out of the textbook..
  • edited January 2007
    Cinnamon said:
    You know what else is annoying??? When someone says they want to buy your book. Then you email them before school starts to ask when and where they want to meet and they say sorry I dont need it anymore.:angry:
    yup that happened to me too.. but she emailed me right away after she knew she didn't need it so it was cool.. but this person didn't have the decency to do that!! *siGh.. i feel for you cinnamon.. =(
  • edited January 2007
    ^Yeah it sucks because I probably could of sold the book too but now that classes have started...I hate books. There needs to be an efficient system in place for students to be able to sell books to other students, other than random ads all over the place.
  • edited January 2007
    uswap was a pretty good tool, their site was down for a while but i think its back up now
  • edited January 2007
    siuying said:
    oh so they dropped the prices eh.. i bought it new for 114 back then.. bleh* stupid bookstore..
    and just on the side note.. you don't really need to use the CD.. alder's questions are all right out of the textbook..
    oh, alright.

but what will it cost me to buy it from you now that you know bookstore prices as of today .
  • edited January 2007
    hmm.. should that factor actually affect my price? i did buy it for 114 back then.. but it's definitely cheaper than buying a new textbook..=)
  • edited January 2007
    wow...welcome to forum buy & sell...

it always happens
  • edited January 2007
    just a heads up, you cant sell the book back to the bookstore if the CD is missing
  • edited January 2007
    but you can sell it back to quads.. =) and personally.. i pick quads over bookstore..
  • edited January 2007
    ^

even without the cd?
  • edited January 2007
    the last time i asked quads.. they were willing to take the textbook without the CD.. but that was 3 semesters ago.. and i don't know if the syallabus has changed.. maybe alder finally decided put that CD into good use..

Leave a Comment