To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

FS: CityFido Plan

edited January 2007 in Buy & Sell
$45 a month + $6.99 SAF.

My bill comes out to $60 after taxes.

CityFido:

Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls within city limits. Cities include are: Vancouver, North and West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and New West.

Because of the SAF I am looking for $425

You can keep your old Fido Number or take my number. My number is an easy number, (604)710-00**

Oh also there is no contract on this plan. It is month to month so if you really want, you can stop anytime. The plan does not include the phone.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Plan is bound to the existing number, there is no possible way to use your old Fido number with a transferred plan.
  • edited January 2007
    You can use your old Fido number. I asked a Fido rep
  • edited January 2007
    Hmmmm...you might wanna double check that....possibly with a customer service rep. As far as I know, a phone number is tied to a particular BAN (Billing Account Number), and the only way to move a number is to do a transfer of responsibility from one BAN onto another, but that involves just the movement of responsibility of one person to another. All phone numbers are tied to the existing agreements and remain unchanged.

What you're looking to do is take somebody's existing number and move it to an existing agreement. That would involve canceling the person's existing agreement (whether it's still on contract or not, doesn't matter), and using that number on City Fido. However, once you cancel a number on a BAN, the phone number automatically gets recycled into a queue for 6 months before it can be reused (to avoid excessive wrong number calls). So based on this reasoning....it doesn't seem too likely. But, maybe they've implemented a new way of doing it, but from what I know, what you're suggesting isn't/wasn't possible with any carrier.
  • edited January 2007
    BryanL said:
    You can use your old Fido number. I asked a Fido rep
    unfortunately u were BSed :)

refer to MB's post... I would've told u the same thing except for the last part with the implemented the new way thing...

Make things short. It cant be done. Period.

Leave a Comment