To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

SIGNATURES / AVATARS

edited January 2007 in General
New signature regulations, this is going to be short because i accidentally deleted my old long one.

DIMENSIONS: 450 x 150

This is because:

- reduce server load
- reduce user loading time

CONTENT:

- no nudity
- no bigotry, racism, discriminiation

- humour / personality is welcome

Avatars are in place, there need to be within 80 x 80 ( site doesn't allow you to upload if larger )

Both signatures and avatars can be accessed through USERCP at the top left of every page on www.talksfu.ca, then along the left navigation frame, 1) edit signature 2) edit avatar

feel free to post suggestions below to improve this new regulation regarding signatures/avatars
as well as questions if you need help resizing etc.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Still doesn't give me an option to upload or use an avatar in my User CP > Edit Avatar....
  • edited January 2007
    theres no upload option?
  • edited January 2007
    Looks like it's only unlocked for the Moderators?

How do we get it opened up for everyone?
  • edited January 2007
    Ok guys, avatar uploading has been enabled. However, due to technical restraints, 'images in signatures' has been disabled. We apologize for any inconvenience, as we realize many of you had been using the signatures to display pictures and comics. Please take advantage of the avatar function to add some personality to your posts. The signature can still be used for text (such as announcements, links, or quotes).

Resizing pictures to fit with the 80 X 80 size restrictions is easy with http://mypictr.com/ . Let us know how you like the new changes!
  • edited January 2007
    Excellent! I very much prefer avatars to signature images.

Everyone should put some clever/funny quotes in their signatures now. :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    Thanks for the avatars, their doing the job awesome!
  • edited January 2007
    FYI: Font size in signatures should not exceed SIZE 5. This is creating the same problem that oversized signature images were!

Leave a Comment