To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What is the value of knowledge?

edited January 2007 in General
I think knowledge is useless if we do not use it to change and improve ourselves, our families, our communities, others, and the world because we will all eventually die.

Just accumulating knowledge and not using it is useless.

If we never share what we know then what we know will eventually die with us.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    so true!! like now that i have my pilot's licence, my brother and dad really wants to learn now but for my dad he admits he's old and no point but now im teaching my brother how to fly and plane and so far so good.

Also, i was in cadets and man do they learn alot and do alot of community service. I got my first aid and i used that as a volunteer search and rescue for a couple years. It then lead to me being a member with "Royal Canadian Legion" in my town helping out the veterns and absorbing the knowledge they have.

I have so much "talent" that i have learnt and keeping it to myslef accomplishes nothing i rather sare it to the world.....thats how you become famous you know:wink:
  • edited January 2007
    The realistic value of knowledge as far as I concern is to get you a job.
  • edited January 2007
    may i add that the knowledge you acquire must also be applicable in the society.. if the society rejects the knowledge.. then it will be rendered useless anyway.. think of 1984.. all knowledge there is nothing because the society doesn't accept it..=)
  • edited January 2007
    Knowledge + Experience = Wisdom
  • edited January 2007
    Knowledge is power. What is power worth to you? Some people believe it's the most important thing in this world!
  • edited January 2007
    the value of knowledge is 6.582
  • edited January 2007
    Hopefully that's not in dollars, Triple, or I'm WAY overpaying for tuition. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    Knowledge is important if you have the desire to make some sort of difference in the world. But people without knowledge are just as happy... so it makes me wonder why we even educate ourselves..but we'll save that discussion for a nother thread another day make sure you guys are ready

Leave a Comment