To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Bubble Tea!

edited February 2007 in General
I love bbt but I'm really kind of a noob...

Suggestions on some good places for bubble tea in Burnaby? So far, I've only been to Estea and Pearl Drops. And Bubble World, of course.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I never really understood the appeal of bubble teaa... first of all its not even real tea and it tastes like watered down juice most of the time :S
  • edited January 2007
    There actually IS tea in bubble tea. It's not "real tea" in that it's not like a regular cup of tea, but it does contain tea...

I'm just hooked on the Almond Milkshakes that Tea Works at Victoria and 41st makes... Mmmm.... I don't like the pearls, though! It's a texture thing for me. But the drinks are tasty.
  • edited January 2007
    Pearl Drops is terrible, their fruit drinks have too much "tea taste" in them, you can't even taste the fruit!

Otherwise, they're all pretty much the same, I think. I usually don't get tapioca in my bubble tea, which I think defeats the whole purpose of bubble tea. What can I say? I don't like balls in my mouth.
  • edited January 2007
    theres a good place in coquitlam if your willing to go that far its called "pearl fever"
  • edited January 2007
    The place in Maggie Benson on campus sucks. Sorry if I am offending anyone working there, but for 3.75+tax instead of 3.75 tax included, I expect at least quality that is on par with places down the mountain.
  • edited January 2007
    I thought Bubble World had the cheapest bbt...? I mean everything at Pearl Drops is at least $4.00 to start with.
  • edited January 2007
    p51dray said:
    The place in Maggie Benson on campus sucks. Sorry if I am offending anyone working there, but for 3.75+tax instead of 3.75 tax included, I expect at least quality that is on par with places down the mountain.
    Meh, they have a corner on the market up the mountain! There is that place over in the Cornerstone... has anyone had bubbletea there?
  • edited January 2007
    I did... at Romeo and Juliet's? It's pretty overpriced as well. Not bad though.
  • edited January 2007
    p51dray said:
    lol, they have many stores down the mountain too..
  • edited January 2007
    p51dray said:
    Yet they always have a line-up of loyal customers who don't seem to mind inferior tasting bubble-tea....something is wrong, probably just a lack of options.
  • edited January 2007
    it's bubble world.
    and you get stamps.
    but it's on campus, so they have a reason for the inflated prices.

not many bubble tea houses in burnaby, but you could hit up ZEPHYR or PEarl Castle in Richmond.
  • edited January 2007
    If the bubble tea is not from Richmond, then it's not good :tongue:

Richmond = Hong Kong/Taiwan
  • edited January 2007
    ANBU said:

what an ironic truth
  • edited January 2007
    i always like this place at the richmond public market, think its called 'peanut' something, place has been around for years.. good stuff yummmmmm

now i hav a bbt craving
  • edited January 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    Yet they always have a line-up of loyal customers who don't seem to mind inferior tasting bubble-tea....something is wrong, probably just a lack of options.

ppl need their bubble tea fix :angel:
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    screw burnaby.. richmond and some parts of vancouver have the better bbt if you want it
  • edited January 2007
    ANBU said:
    it's bubble world.
    and you get stamps.

not many bubble tea houses in burnaby, but you could hit up ZEPHYR or PEarl Castle in Richmond.
    hahah i like going to zephyr...the girl there is cute :teeth:
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    jer3 said:
    hahah i like going to zephyr...the girl there is cute :teeth:
    now we're talking the same type of drinks. :beer: :girl_hug:

where exactly in richmond is this zephyr place?
  • edited January 2007
    romeo juliet sucks, the drinks still have powder in it, obviously it's not real milk tea

zephyr, 3 and..alderbridge i believe where the XS cargo is and sportmart.
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    it took me a while to think of that area... but you shoulda just said espot!

but thanks. i gotta check that place out now haha.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm not gonna drive all the way to Richmond for bbt! espot... is that the pool place?
  • edited January 2007
    espot is pretty huge, lots of snooker tables :) arcade/billiards/snooker
  • edited January 2007
    They have bubble-tea at E-Spot? I go there occasionally to play a few games (the arcade games, not pool...I suck at that)
  • edited January 2007
    i dont think they serve bbt at espot (i could b wrong), ibut the actually bbt place is just close to it, around xs cargo'ish area
  • edited January 2007
    aw..haha im kinda growing out of bubble tea, but bubble world i think is still good..the one on kingsway close to metrotown..

or if you're in richmond, pearl castle is SPLENDID if you want sth to eat too!
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    romeo juliet sucks, the drinks still have powder in it, obviously it's not real milk tea

zephyr, 3 and..alderbridge i believe where the XS cargo is and sportmart.
    yep.
    nice place.
    my friend once got a chocolate cookie bubble tea or something like that.
    it came with an oreo cookie. :teeth: :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    I'm not gonna drive all the way to Richmond for bbt! espot... is that the pool place?
    you can bus.

and espot's full of honger ' gangstArs '

and the second hand isn't the greatest atmosphere, shitty pool tables

Q1 is the relatively newer pool hall nearby owned by same owner of RUSH arcade. Top tier tables with great atmosphere, no smoking indoors with great looking employees. no lie.

and no i'm not advertising just cause im a VIP member there.
  • edited January 2007
    Q1 is basically the only pool hall that attracts people, other than espot and their arcade section.
    But hey, Q1 is the reason Hot Shots closed down. lol.
  • edited January 2007
    hotshots closed down!?!?
  • edited January 2007
    yep.
    like half a year ago? a few months ago?
    No customers and the landowner jacked up the rent, so Mr. Son (sp) decided to stop running Hot Shots.

Their prices were ridiculous. I thought they would have shut down earlier.

Leave a Comment