To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Cannot find a course in "My Schedule"

Hello! I am a new student and will begin my first semester in SFU on September. And I've got a quick question with finding a course in my schedule.

So my major is Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, and I'm considering taking CHEM 121 in the first semester. But when I try to look for this class on My Schedule, it doesn't appear, does anyone know what's going on?

Personally I am guessing it's because the course is not being offered in the following semester? If that is the case, what would you recommend me to do? I thought of taking CHEM 120 instead of CHEM 121, but I also found that CHEM 121 is the prerequisite of another required course called "CHEM 281". 

My enrollment date is tomorrow and I am not really sure how to deal with this issue, sorry for reaching to you so late because I've only discovered this problem a few moments ago. Hopefully I can receive an answer from you! Thank you!

Comments

• Probably because it's not offered. You can confirm by seeing the full list of courses offered and look at that semester in the drop-down.

Maybe rearrange your schedule so you take something else and save 120 for another semester?

Also, try asking Reddit on r/simonfraser; this forum is kind of dead now.
  • Chem 120 is the Chem 121 without lab portion. For the lab you need to take Chem 125. 

Leave a Comment