To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Why you're single

edited January 2007 in General
For those who are single by choice, what are your reasons.

A while back I went on a few dates with a guy. He was like "I wanna take care of you". (ha ha.....as if) Whatever, I let that one slide because he clearly was in no position to take care of me. Then he would call and I wasn't able to answer. I call him back like the next day and he's all like "where were you" and all. I reply, working / at school - whatever the case was. He's like "yeah right" and always asking where I was, or really wanting to see me but I'm so busy I can only go out like once a week and then he calls me difficult. WTF? I work like 5 days a week, go to school and want to relax some nights. ALONE.

This is why I am single. I have a LIFE. I've been single for 2 years and I am starting to consider relationships almost like prison, where I have to answer to someone where I was and what I was doing.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    A relationship that is actually worth having won't be controlling like that! They certainly all aren't that way. And I'm sure you'll come across someone who will let you have your life apart from him too!

But you are otherwise in the right mindset that you don't have to be defined by who you're dating and you can have a life of your own!
  • edited January 2007
    I'm single b/c I'm having trouble reaching my own goals. I'm not even financially stable so I don't feel I'm in a position to establish a relationship.
  • edited January 2007
    wayyy too busy... I need someone who thinks not hearing from me in three-four days is normal lol. Jeezz.. i have a life ya knoww!
  • edited January 2007
    because i don't bathe!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2007
    Im not... but I play one at clubs
  • edited January 2007
    I'm single 'cause women find me repulsively disgusting. But you have to look past my rugged good looks and boyish charm to see it.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm single because it's just so much easier than being in a relationship, especially when you're in school. My ex constantly bugged me about being so busy with school, but I couldn't just leave everything to be with him. Plus I'm not ready to commit to one guy... it's just better to get to know more people while you're young and it helps not to have someone getting jealous all the time.
  • NKG
    edited January 2007
    being single is totally fine, but just don't be ALONE. :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    NKG said:
    being single is totally fine, but just don't be ALONE. :smile:
    ^^^^True that:teeth:

idunno why im single to tell you the truth.....maybe because i dont want anyone dragging me down from doing my dream goals.
  • edited January 2007
    ROFL at Magnificent_Bastard's post
  • edited January 2007
    single because i love the freedom..
    i'm told that i like the chase but don't like to be tied down..=\
    i personally think that's debatable..
  • edited January 2007
    school, picky, haven't found the girl that i like and likes me...i've been hit on a few times but im not attracted to them :(
  • edited January 2007
    to start off with, i wish i had friends.

i lied.

it's really cause of schoool. and like flora. why commit.

but it is nice to have ' someone ' not only during the winter breakss like i did haha.
  • edited January 2007
    im ugly thats why:sad:
  • edited January 2007
    toast said:
    im ugly thats why:sad:
    Bottle of roofies + alcohol

Leave a Comment