To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Business Goals

edited January 2007 in General
Business Goals
Jill Koenig, Author, Coach and Motivational Speaker

The Small Business is the lifeblood of today's economy.

The main factors that cause a Small Business to become a Global force are contained within the Goals they set. Small Goals invite small effort. Big Goals inspire a much higher level of performance. Big Goals inspire miracles.

In the early days when Bill Gates' business was small, consisting of just a few people, he set a Goal to have his software on every computer in the world. Remember he started in his garage. Most people at that time would have thought it was not an "achievable" Goal. However, Bill Gates believed it was possible and was fiercely committed to making it happen.

It was his burning desire.

He was clear about his Goal and now he is one of the richest men in the world, donating Billions of dollars to charity and it's hard to imagine a world without his products and vision.

Within every small business lies the opportunity to become a giant, to become a global force. What makes a Goal "achievable" is whether or not you believe it is possible and your commitment to making it happen. Do you believe it and can you inspire the belief of the people around you and attract the support of others who can help make it happen.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    The title says business goals, but I believe that this way of thinking can be applied to anything you do in life, whether you want to be a doctor, a famous writer, or a singer. Really motivational if you figure out what they are trying to really say...
  • edited January 2007
    go accounting!...i actually am not quite sure yet...but working right now as an accountant isnt bad!
  • edited January 2007
    It's true, setting big goals is important because it results in an endless supply of motivation...i've heard had that told me my whole life...it's actually one of the main reasons I ended up in university

Leave a Comment