To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

any webdevelopers/flash experts?

edited January 2007 in General
I know this is probably not the most appropriate forum to use.. but I'm desparate.

Anyone here a flash expert? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to create a drop down menu using flash. The only reason I'm using flash to create one is because my css/javascript menu is hidden behind my flash movieclip (for a website) apparently flash bypasses css layering definitions so I can't use z-index to bring my css menu to the front... essentially i'm forced to use flash- a program I am almost competely unfamiliar with..

Anyways, any help from anyone would be appreciated. I've tried some tutorials but I've had no luck with it over the last 3 days..

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Sorry I can't help you bro, but are you learning flash for a class or do you like to do it for fun? I've always wanted to learn flash but I've never had time to. I like to let out my creativity on Photoshop for now.
  • edited January 2007
    SR. said:
    Sorry I can't help you bro, but are you learning flash for a class or do you like to do it for fun? I've always wanted to learn flash but I've never had time to. I like to let out my creativity on Photoshop for now.

hehe no I'm actually a graphic designer, learned the stuff on my own. I'm making a website for a client and they're being retarded and insist on having a flash animation (which doesn't really do much for websites but whatevs) so hence the learning flash on my own bit. Although I did figure out where i was going wrong- just gotta play with the thing long enough and the answer will come I guess.

oh.. sidenote; I'm a girl ;) But ya you shoudl definately pursue it, good opportunity to get your creative juices flowing.

cheers

Nesa
  • edited January 2007
    Well I can't really help you about the flash area, but I do know of a site that is just about flashing(word), Maybe you could ask here?

http://www.sticksanctum.com/forums

Leave a Comment