To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

MMORPG ?

edited January 2007 in General
wikipedia said:
mmorpg:
MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) is a genre of online computer role-playing games (RPG) in which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world. As in all RPGs, players assume the role of a fictional character (most commonly in a fantasy setting) and take control over many of that character's actions
www.urbandictionary.com said:
mmorpg:Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls.
So who's played , or is still playing?
I've personally had my hand at runescape ( sigh ) and rose online, nothing else really has attracted my attention since i've seen them drag down my social life and school grades years ago.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    WoW... jus started...
  • edited January 2007
    used to play ffxi... kinda sucked lol
  • edited January 2007
    I used to play WoW. Was pretty "hardcore" into it. Then I realized im spending 6 hours a day 6 days a week to play a game. Sold my character for $2000usd and my gold for $850usd.
  • edited January 2007
    i sold my runescape shit for about 3g's american over paypal.

funny thing is cause it's " virtual ", the buyer didn't ' recieve ' anything physical so paypal was wondering how i was getting 3g's USD thinking that i was running a fraud.

they shut down my account, made us verify all this shit.

luckily i had all the money withdrawn already.
  • edited January 2007
    Damn, I gotta get back into this....

I used to play Ragnarok Online, and more recently, City of Heroes. I picked up WoW for about 30 minutes, and then got bored with it, it's way to hardcore for me. Seems all the fun stuff is only available when you hit LVL 60 (or is it 50 that's the highest...don't remember), and I don't have the patience to get that far.
  • edited January 2007
    Whoa wait... There are people who pay money for these things?! Crazyness...

Maybe I should get into this and make some $$... :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Whoa wait... There are people who pay money for these things?! Crazyness...

Maybe I should get into this and make some $$... :wink:
    You know, I wanted to start my gold farming company. I wanted to hire cheap asian labour and use them to farm gold to help make me money. I was making like $100 per every 1000g I would personally get.
  • edited January 2007
    BryanL said:
    You know, I wanted to start my gold farming company. I wanted to hire cheap asian labour and use them to farm gold to help make me money. I was making like $100 per every 1000g I would personally get.
    why hire people when there's plenty of bots out there for certain games, like for my runescape, all i did was bot ( when it wasn't poublic and i had connections ) and made all that currency and sold it.

win WIN!
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    why hire people when there's plenty of bots out there for certain games, like for my runescape, all i did was bot ( when it wasn't poublic and i had connections ) and made all that currency and sold it.

win WIN!
    True we could bot. But Blizzard is really cracking down on it. Three of my friends got their accounts banned because of it. I figure I could go to China and pay someone .5cents an hour lol
  • edited January 2007
    Guild war...is not bad..
  • edited January 2007
    Guild Wars is where it's at! It has the best cooperative play I've ever seen in a video game. Plus, no monthly fees....only a one time payment of 50$ :).
  • edited January 2007
    or RO..private servers are fun.. low rate...
  • edited January 2007
    the chinese arent dumb. just the currency sucks there.
    haha hence the 0.5 cents canadian

Leave a Comment