To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Would you rather drive or bus?

edited January 2007 in General
I took the bus from Burnaby for my first semester but I'm thinking of getting a car now. The bus usually takes FOREEVVER and sometimes it just passes me by when its full...what would you rather take to school and why?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I took the bus 3 times to SFU before. That's when my bro totalled my car. Anyhow, it took me 1.5 hrs to get there by bus. Had to switch buses/skytrain 3 times just to get there. When I drive it takes me 20-25 min to get there only. I also hate waiting for the bus and the fact that it's always crowded.
  • edited January 2007
    The bus is really convenient for me! I have a skytrain station right by my house, and apart from switching trains at Broadway, it's pretty much straight there. And the 145 is very frequent!

It saves me a lot of money to not drive and that way I don't have to be completely awake before I leave the house. And I can play Nintendo DS on the train. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    i cant afford to drive, so i bus bus and bus
    it'd take about 20-25 by car, 40-45 by bus

i just dont like standing in the cold, i dont mind the transit system personally
  • edited January 2007
    its half and half for me. Depends if im lazy or not lol. Most of the time I bus but the time i drive is only to show off my car hehe
  • edited January 2007
    I'd rather bus. It's less stressful.
  • edited January 2007
    i guess it depends on where u live... its a pain in the ass for som ppl that hafta switch busses 3 different times.. as for me.. i only need 144 =P ..20-25 min.
  • edited January 2007
    i need 1.5 hours. ridiculous.
    but i'm not payin 4g's for crappy residence or having to pay attention while driving up the mountain
  • edited January 2007
    A dumb question considering you're not taking a person's $$$ into account.

Sure I'd drive if I had the resources to pay for a car (maintenance, insurance, gas, upgrades, etc.). But since I'm not exceptionally rich, my driving to school must be limited solely to an occasional basis.

I bus now and it's not too bad. If I drive, I'd probably win 20-25 minutes at the most. But would probably end up wasting those extra 20-25 minutes on talksfu anyways :tongue:
  • edited January 2007
    driving my beater!
  • edited January 2007
    id rather drive! i hate waiting at the bus stop for those buses especially when they get too full and dont even stop at the stops so u end up waitin for the next bus, sometimes even for the 3rd bus! plus u get there faster by car:)
  • edited January 2007
    I'd rather drive, but it only takes about 10-15 min. on the bus for me since I live in North Burnaby... so I don't think I'll be getting a car soon =(
  • edited January 2007
    Well, since the U-pass is mandatory and we paid around 190$ for it we might as well use it. I take the bus everyday just for that reason. I'm also thinking of using the workout gym as often as I can.....maybe I'll just use one machine over and over again so it wears out quickly. That'll teach them for making this stuff mandatory!!! LOL, I mean seriously, it's like 200$ for this stuff and a lot of peeps don't even use it. We should have a choice whether we want the U-Pass or not.

Leave a Comment