To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

BUS 207 curve??

edited March 2017 in General
Hey! How does a curve course like BUS 207 work?

Comments

• I'm assuming you're not a business major. I am majoring in business and haven't taken bus 207 yet but I can say that most lower level business courses are curved to a C-. The profs make out they may fail people if necessary but that's rarely the case. Most people will pass the class. As long as you get the average you'll get in the 70%-80% and anything out of that range is above or below average.
  • I would try to get at least the class average to ensure you'll pass the class. Anything below the average isn't a guarantee. I have been doing this throughout my BBA and have never failed a class or done really bad. :) For a class like 207 class average should be good enough. Classes like 272 that are easy is a bit more complicated with the curve - because most people are getting the class average or above it so the curve shifts in the sense if you're getting the class average you could end up with a C+. I know this is a late response and you're probably done the class but hoped this helped a bit for future references.

Leave a Comment