To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Bookstore open?

edited January 2007 in General
Now that I finally sobered up from new years, it hit me that schoolz back in session next week...anyone know if the book store's open so i can git my books?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    ALREADY??

dam
  • edited January 2007
    Yes, the book store is open.
  • edited January 2007
    http://www.sfu.ca/bookstore/storeinfo.html

store hours there... it re-opend on jan2nd 07'.
  • edited January 2007
    And looks like there are extended hours too
  • edited January 2007
    I tried applying for a job at the bookstore once but they wouldn't hire me :(.
  • edited January 2007
    noname said:
    I tried applying for a job at the bookstore once but they wouldn't hire me :(.

They hire almost anybody, too. Damn...
  • edited January 2007
    ^ Yeah, I see so many girls working there :). I rarely see any guys though.
  • edited January 2007
    duh.. they hire attractive ones too... so guys like us will go to the bookstore more often... those cheap bastard...
  • edited January 2007
    yup got my books yesterday and yes there is some good eye candy there:teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    the prices on the books aren't cheaper if you go, say a week or two earlier than semester start, do they?

cause i just tend to buy them after the big rush for txtbooks.. or find others to buy it off of first right?

wtb: psych100 txtbook <3
  • edited January 2007
    The book prices stay the same in the bookstore. If you go to my.sfu and then the My Courses tab, generally you can see what they are charging for your books there.

Best way to save $$ is to buy them from someone and cut out the bookstore, or to use Amazon.ca or Chapters.ca and then sell them to the bookstore when you're done. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    I bought books from the bookstore during my first semester. NEVER again! It's a big frigging waste of money. 99% of the time you can find it for half the price off someone on caucus.sfu.ca or just get the international edition by ordering off the Internet.

Leave a Comment