To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Crim 335 online with David Macalister

Hey everyone!

Has anybody ever taken Crim 335: Human Rights and Civil Liberties online with David Macalister? If so how did you find it? I am currently enrolled in it but noticed that we have on average 80-90 pages of readings from the textbook and assigned articles, 3-4 cases, supplemental canvas readings and anywhere from 2-7 "weblinks" that we must read every week... Is there anyone that has taken this course before that can state whether ALL these readings are actually required? I mean, for one of the "two-week study units", there are a total of nearly 300 pages of readings + cases, canvas readings and web links. I am thinking of dropping the course and taking it next semester (I need the course to complete a legal studies certificate), just because I don't have the time to finish all these readings while also working on my other commitments this semester (2 other courses - Crim 338, which is also reading heavy, an elective, sports, work, volunteer and studying for the LSAT). I was not expecting that much work from a 3 credit course. Can anyone confirm whether each of these readings are truly required or have any tips on trying to get through his course? What material is his course focused on? 

Any help would be much appreciated !
Thanks !

Leave a Comment